Back End Developer
GE Renewable Energy
24 days ago
Job Description SummaryReporting to the Software Tools Team Manager, you are a team player who will help to drive the HMI transformation for new products and development teams. You are a confirmed software developer who will support a set of Web application for products based on micro-services and containers, contribute, review, approve software design with developers.
You will also contribute to improve DevOps KPIs on code quality & security, test automation, coverage, traceability and CI/CD.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 13,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com
Why we come to work
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the green energy transition.
- Work efficiently as part of an international team located in multiple time zones, cross-functional team to review technical specifications and understand needs of non-technical engineering users.
- Work with Product Leaders to understand product requirements.
- Contribute to product software design
- Review software breakdown per modules.
- Create and maintain microservices; estimate and implement functional modules; implement features, review code and fix bugs in the back-end code, manage and test them and optimize code in terms of speed and memory usage.
- Execute and automate operational processes to be fast, accurate and secure
- Create functional specifications, design documents, test plans and user level documentation.
- Acting efficiently through teams, eliminating redundancies and taking advantage of the reuse of products and technology.
- Be a reference of quality in product development and support.
- Develop coding that meets standards and offers the desired functionality using the technology chosen for the project.
- Share information with the team with the appropriate level of detail; your collaboration with other developers is expected to be impeccable.
- Degree in Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related areas.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English.
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited, reference verification and background check.
- Must have unrestricted Canadian work authorization or obtain work authorization in the short term.
- 4+ years of C#.
- Some TypeScript and Node.js experience
- Some experience with Docker or Kubernetes
- Experience creating RESTful APIs.
- Experience with optimizing software applications.
- Ability to identify and apply software design patterns.
- Demonstrate initiative to explore alternative technologies and have great problem-solving skills.
- Experience with SSH, SSL, DNP, Modbus, IEC61850.
- Experience with SQL Server, C++, Perl, Delphi, Java
- Ubuntu, Unix/Linux Bash
- Experience with: NGINX and Apache.
- Knowledge of Nullsoft, InstallAware, Advanced Installer
- Knowledge of DevExpress, NLog.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No