Job Description SummaryAll resources, and logistics required to perform services and maintenance activities on customers' site/property. These activities contribute to, maintain, repair and refurbish sold or existing products. Includes all types of maintenance service (preventive and remedial), manage maintenance facilities and field services engineering. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Reporting directly to the Field Service Manager, the Field Service Application Engineer is a key member of the Service team, providing Application Engineering support both internally and externally and conducting Field Service activities at Protection & Control integrators and end customer facilities.
Field Service Application Engineer will be responsible for:
- Perform Commissioning activities for Protection & Control and Substation Automation Systems.
- Training to customers.
- Consulting services on P&C Engineering (Calculation of Settings, Protection Relay, Control Units and Gateway Configuration, Coordination Studies, Short Circuit analysis)
- EHS Leadership, conduct field work in compliance with applicable regulations and encourage accurate employee safety practices.
- Act as a primary technical resource for on-site work and lead resolving engineering and product issues. Providing technical direction to skilled labour while performing work on customer sites and equipment to assure the executed work reflects the quality standards and attention to detail that maintains a professional image for the customer and company.
- Provide installation and service direction on-site and remotely.
- Liaise effectively with customers in job planning, execution, follow-up and sales support, and internally with engineering departments, manufacturing, and Sales team.
- Provide both external and internal timely, accurate, professional reports.
- Provide, audit, and implement quality control requirements for on-site activities.
- Communicate schedule details, project milestones, manpower requirements, quality issues, and tools/equipment requirements to the appropriate individuals.
- Leverage applicable Lean/6-Sigma projects.
- Work closely with the Grid Automation Centre of Excellence in Bilbao, Spain.
- Support the Sales and Commercial teams.
- Electronics/Electrical Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Experience in Energy/Utility Project environments.
- Proficiency level in Portuguese and English. Other languages valued (Spanish, French).
- Willingness and ability to travel.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with a strong customer focus and ability to cooperate with the different departments.
- A rigorous team working approach, good communication and interpersonal skills with a high level of self-motivation, flexibility and self-learning aptitude.
- Experience with electrical Protection relays and Control systems (LV, MV & HV).
- Strong technical skills on GE Protection Relays, Communication Protocols, SCADA.
- Background in Electrical Control Systems and SCADA/DCS systems.
- GE GA P&C and SAS products.
- Must be a motivator, self-starter and dedicated team player.
- Ability to organize, prioritize and achieve milestones and deliverables.
- Open to working extended hours if the situation requires.
- Sound judgment, level headed under pressure, with an ability to think on feet.
- Self-starter with a sense of urgency and an ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- High interpersonal skills.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No