Mechanical Installation Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryManage and coordinate Site Installation activities of any of the product or plant completely as per the erection procedures, planning, and site conditions. The Lead Supervisor has to ensure that Site Installation activities are performed 100% in line with contractual requirements, within scope, on time. The Lead Supervisor to promote project opportunities and cost optimization initiatives within his area of responsibility.
GE's hydro turbines and generators represent more than 25% of the total installed capacity worldwide. Hydro is a key contributor in the growth of clean energies offering a stable base of power production output, holding a leadership position in the Hydro large equipment space, willing to expand its product and service range. Our portfolio of solutions for hydropower generation includes the broadest range of hydro solutions and services: from water to wire, from individual equipment to complete turnkey solutions, for new plants and the installed base. You will join a business full of interesting challenge and a team whose role and mission is to bring the Hydro organization to best in class standard
Roles and Responsibilities
- Identify Construction responsibilities as per his roles defined in the project.
- Respect EHS and insists his team respects EHS and ensure every individuals follow EHS as per GE requirements and guidelines sincerely.
- Ensures quality at work place is always maintained and not sacrificed.
- To prepare detailed planning of each activity of generator assembly and its auxiliaries within the scheduled duration with clear measurable progress parameters.
- To prepare detailed resources required for each activity of generator assembly and its auxiliaries within the limits and reasonable backup.
- To prepare the division of work among the group of supervisor and leading one critical generator assembly by himself in large hydro project.
- Lead engineer is responsible for execution of complete generator.
- Takes responsibility of Non Conformity Report (NCR) till its closure with clear Cost of Non Quality (CONQ).
- Ensures technical clarifications are provided in time to his team of supervisors.
- Ensure the compliance by the Customer of the Contractual Obligations in providing access to working area and work front.
- Material verification, preservation, monitoring and early notification for shortages, damages etc. including consumables.
- Degree in Mechanical/ Electrical from an accredited university or college
- Min 3 years experience working in related industries will be preferable
- Min 3 years’ field service commissioning experience will be advantageous
- Experience in complete generator assembly and installation for medium hydro will be added advantage.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No