GE Renewable Energy
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryThe Proposal Manager is accountable to deliver winning, good quality, profitable, compliant and on-time proposals to our customers, and to meet the region goals in stretch collaboration with the sales team, while applying the Tendering processes. He/she reports to Grid Systems Integration (GSI) North Europe Tendering Leader.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Grid Systems Integration Proposal Manager:
- Is a solution maker delivering competitive offers, in line with the defined pricing strategy, while ensuring at the same time that project if awarded will be executable without time nor cost slippage.
- Explores alternatives (technical solutions, sourcing, innovative content ...) allowing to differentiate our proposal, and defends these alternatives in front of the customer together with the Sales Team.
- Leads all Functions involved in the bid team and ensures coordination between all roles involved for timely preparation of good quality Technical Offers, BOQ, associated costing and Execution Plan, in line with the defined strategy, the applicable GE-Grid Solutions rules and the Customer bid process.
- Ensures early establishment of target costing based on target-winning price and Operating Plan margin, with proper benchmarking and challenge of costs. Defines and leads plan to reach this target cost while ensuring executability during OTR (Order To Renittance stage) stage.
- Lead Cost out actions during the bid process.
- Ensures Operational & Technical risks and Opportunities are properly identified, registered and mitigated with the support of Grid Solutions experts.
- Together with Sourcing and Supplying entities, optimizes project Cash Out.
- Supports the Sales Team along the elaboration of the offer and implementation of the win strategy for the deals from the Go/No-Go process (R0) to the Bid Approval process and the final submission,
- Proactively supports the Sales Team to understand Customer needs and leads all roles involved in the bid preparation to answer to Customer needs.
- Supports the Sales Team clarifying and negotiating with the Customer the Technical Offer and the proposed Execution Plan.
- Leads win / loss analysis for key deals for continuous improvements of our solutions/ customer approach.
- Hands-over won deals to OTR, with support from Sales Manager and Commerciail Operations.
- Complies with the Bid Policy (5.0)., with the Project Tender process, with EHS rules and all other work instructions and processes applicable to the establishment of ACS proposals.
- Good command over written & spoken English and Danish languages.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university or college.
- Min 5 - 6 years of experience in tendering/ proposals management for a Turnkey Project business, with proven leadership skills.
- Willingness to travel 20-30% plus.
- Expertise required in tender management, customer relationships
- Should be a team player
- Strong knowledge of the turnkey Solutions business & products
- Operational rigor
- Strong business acumen, leadership, discipline in managing the day to day business
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work in international and matrix organizations.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No