Job Description SummaryWho We Are
Solar and Storage Solutions provides reliable, affordable and dispatchable integration of renewable energies. The business unit, part of GE Vernova, works with utilities and developers to create Solar and Storage Solutions power networks, which combine renewable sources, efficient energy storage and software to create a more predictable supply of renewable electrons.
Why We Come To Work
Our team is dedicated to making a difference and creating a more sustainable future for all. We foster a dynamic and inclusive work environment where everyone is valued and can thrive. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting your career in the clean energy industry, we invite you to join our team and be a part of a company that is making a real difference in the world.
Responsible for managing and delivering all aspects of the Supplier Quality Assurance function. Work in a team environment with suppliers to develop and implement best practices that emphasize defect prevention, reduction in variation and waste for continuous improvements. Collect root cause analysis and provide corrective feedback to prevent line stops due to supply issues. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support to suppliers. Responsible for ensuring that the products produced meet quality standards maximize customer satisfaction whilst ensuring that procedures and processes are adhered to. Maintain the robustness of product builds following new product introductions to ensure continuity and improvement in supplier capability. Manage the customer specific requirements and offer technical support. Work on multiple phases or sub-tasks of projects or entire projects of high complexity, with results impacting on project completion. Work reviewed at project milestones and/or on completion by Senior Management.
Qualification: B.Tech / BE in Mechanical with 8+ years of experience in Supplier Quality department.
- Manage Supplier regulatory guidelines audits for supplier & ensure compliance and assist with adherence with EHS(ISO 14001 & ISO 45001)
- Lead Quality audits, Process audits for supplier & ensure compliance and assist with adherence with Quality management system (ISO 9001)
- Promote the use of customer preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as lean, Six Sigma, Poka-Yoke(Error proofing), Measurement system analysis and FMEA(Failure mode effective analysis).
- Review documentation of inspection results across all areas. In appropriate functional areas, this refers to supporting inspection and test status requirements defined by regulations, engineering product specifications or control plans, PPAP approval or Product warrant submission.
- On hand experience of part development and approval process of mechanical parts
- Complete Quality activities at supplier – APQP activities – Source releases, PPAPs, Packaging/ Capacity forms, Customer specific requirements
- Ability to influence and collaborate with others on driving best in class quality through developing strategic roadmaps and systematic actions to improve & sustain quality improvement plans
- Define and manage initial launch activities at supplier end – early life containment and quality activities
- Quality planning for such parts for process variance analysis, validation, supplier EOL etc deploys all past learnings to prevent recurrence of issues
- Ensuring supplier selections and approval, as well as supplier quality rating, supplier corrective actions and verification of incoming material functions
- Ensuring that documentations and design controls are appropriate and effective for the organization, If not change or create one that fits perfectly for us.
- Manage the development and refinement of Supplier design and process FMEA’s
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements.
- Sheetmetal, Heavy fabrications, Busbars, Insulators, Heat sink, Injection molding parts, Batteries, HVAC, DC-DC Converters, wiring Harness experience will be added advantage
- Manage the root cause analysis and corrective actions process of supplier quality issues
- Monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance understanding any commercial issues and impacts.
- Manage supplier PPM, Supplier problem solving on time, cost recovery and supplier warranty indicators
- Effectively manage and mentor a team responsible for SQE actions
- Work closely with Cross functional Team to pass our Requirements to supplier
- Conduct Quality meeting with supplier to analyses errors
- Guide and Coach supplier to improve and Sustain performance
- Drive investigation of highly sensitive issues affecting our office, working with teams and leaders across clients to understand what happened and why
- Supplier performance monitoring and planning Improvement program for the on performing supplier
- Keep up with current and developing manufacturing and engineering trends that concern product quality.
- Strong acumen for business statistics & data analytics
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes