NPI Sourcing Specialist
GE Renewable Energy
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryThis role would be responsible for Sourcing NPI(New product Introduction) Materials and coordinate with NPI Engg team for the requirements. Getting parts in short time and managing suppliers for the NPI projects and interacting with cross functional teams and meet the business requirements and support, Manufacturing, Engineering and Project functions. He will be responsible for the Material feeding to NPI team and Manufacturing line. Sourcing cost effective alternate suppliers for all the parts in the BOM to reduce the Lead time and cost deliverables.
- Develop and execute new improved NPI Sourcing strategies across all channels of purchasing
- Manage every aspect of the supply chain and notify the senior management team of any possible obstacles to ideal efficiency
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Work closely with Supplier Quality team to ensure consistent improvement of vendor SQDC performance
- Drive suppliers and planning the material schedule and bring on time to the NPI schedule.
- Work as a team with internal customers and satisfy the needs for the production and on time delivery.
- parts to be sourced for NPI requirements in line with the NPI project timelines
- Develop the strategy for the NPI programs for the sourcing function for the year
- Collaborate with other teams for the Smooth execution and qualification of the parts
- propose alternates and eliminate the single source for the complete BOM items
- New alternates for the cost out activities and run in parallel different NPI programs
- Chasing suppliers, negotiate the best price and get the materials on time for the projects,
- PO placement till delivery and qualification is whole responsibility of this position
- Create the dashboard for the NPI deliverables.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in Electrical Engineering preferred.
- 10+ Yrs of experience is required.
- Strong Technical Knowledge in electrical and electronics Parts selection in the market.
- Proven track record of performance and related accomplishments
- Lean and Six Sigma Black Belt or Master Black Belt preferred
- Working knowledge of SAP proficiency
- Demonstrated leadership skills in a matrix environment
- Experience leading groups/people and influence at all levels of the organization.
- 40%Travel is require
- Humble: respectful, receptive, agile, eager to learn
- Transparent: shares critical information, speaks with candor, contributes constructively
- Focused: quick learner, strategically prioritizes work, committed
- Leadership ability: strong communicator, decision-maker, collaborative
- Problem solver: analytical-minded, challenges existing processes, critical thinker
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Demonstrated ability to create project plan strategy and execute to milestones
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Strong change management skills
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skill
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes