Job Description SummaryOwn the project control activity globally and drive consistent functional specifications and common global processes for projects implementation. Activities that are conducted to better understand or ultimately meet the expectations of the customer Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Come bring your energy to change the world
Grid Solutions, part of the GE Vernova portfolio of energy businesses, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. Grid Solutions provides equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We electrify the world with advanced grid technologies and accelerate the energy transition.
GE Vernova, a dynamic accelerator comprised of our Power, Renewable Energy, Digital and Energy Financial Services businesses, is focused on leading a new era of energy - electrifying the world while simultaneously working to decarbonize it.
If you are ready to make a difference and usher in a new era of energy, come join us.
Why we come to work:
At GE Renewable Energy, our engineers are always up for the challenge - and we’re always driven to find the best solution. Our projects are unique and interesting, and you’ll need to bring a solution-focused, positive approach to each one to do your best. Surrounded by committed, loyal colleagues, if you can dare to bring your ingenuity and desire to make an impact, you’ll be exposed to game-changing, diverse projects that truly allow you to play your part in the green energy transition.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serve as the technological point person for the business for the entire Inquiry to Order (ITO) phase. Provides technical expertise and develops technical solutions (configuration, performance estimation, economics, etc.) as part of the pre-ITO (requisition) process while interfacing with the commercial team.
- Deliver high technical quality of GE’s proposals including processes & programs that make the proposals more accepted (compliant or clarified), effective, and cost competitive to the customer with reduced overall-performance risk. Proposal must be clear, provide customer value, and demonstrate how GE meets their specification requirement.
- Responsible for technical proposal accuracy including technical specifications & clarifications/ assumptions/ exceptions, quantifying design and deliverables, installation work scope definition, cost allocation, bill of materials, and estimation of engineering, installation and testing/commissioning based on customer specifications and/or industry standards (IEEE, NESC, ANSI, NEMA, IEC, etc.), sourcing, and historical data.
- Perform basic studies necessary to verify proper specification and design of proposed solutions
- Provide technical support to create subcontractors and power equipment bid packages
- Augment the commercial team for customer presentations of technical capabilities and proposals
- Design and implement methodologies, templates, and libraries that provide the most accurate cost estimates with the least amount of engineering effort for a given customer scope.
- Write technical specifications for equipment and services, working with PM’s & Sourcing to manage quotes and vendor responses.
- Work with the Proposal Manager, AE team, and assigned multi-discipline engineers to provide up to full “Engineer, Procure, & Construct” estimates for conventional utility, industrial, & renewable substations, P&C and equipment programs, Systems & Communications projects, and BOP projects including FACTS, HVDC Segments
- Possesses a basic understanding of relevant markets and customer economic value that aid winning bid strategies.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; has working knowledge of competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market.
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems in areas of operational/product management, manufacturing, technology, or engineering.
- Works to build consensus. Developing persuasion skills required to influence others on topics within field.
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering or an equivalent technical degree.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with design, studies, specifications, estimating, and construction experience in substation, transmission, or power generation projects for the power generation/distribution/transmission industry.
- Minimum 1 year of technical proposal writing and proposal management experience.
- Up to 20% travel (may include international travel) and must comply with all relevant company travel and tax policies.
- Experience with large and complex Project proposal development.
- Experience with Full turnkey solutions, EPC, EPCI including Civil works. Passion to win
- -constantly providing ways to improve hit rate. Ability to develop the technical strategy after ensuring customer’s CTQs are understood and the outcome desired by the customer is defined.
- Basic expertise in the design of Power Transmission and Distribution equipment & systems, electrical substation, and protection devices. Knowledge of equipment installation, construction, and field operations.
- Experience with (and estimating the effort for) engineering design packages including drawings, calculations, studies, and bills of materials.
- Experience with power system studies and the application of MV/HV/EHV/UHV gear.
- Knowledge of project estimating methods and cost engineering theory.
- Knowledge of HV/EHV substation physical/outdoor design and construction including foundation design and site preparation.
- Knowledge of substation protection & control schemes, SCADA communication systems, factory and site testing, commissioning methods, and maintenance.
- Construction, field testing and commissioning experience.
- Knowledge of and experience using Institute of Electrical & Electronic Engineers (IEEE) & American National Standards Institute (ANSI) standards and codes such as the National Electric Code (NEC) and NESC.
- Knowledge of the American Association of Cost Engineer (AACE) principles.
- Experience in computer aided estimating programs (Success, Timberline, MC2, HardDollar , etc.).
- Working knowledge of power systems automation equipment, SCADA applications and communication applications.
- PE license in the United States/Canada
- Working knowledge of professional estimating software. Experience in using national databases as estimating guides such as R. S. Means and Richardson.
We deliver integrated project solutions to enable large scale electrification and support our customer needs.
The salary range for this position is 93,600.00 - 124,800.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. 93,600.00 - 124,800.00 - 156,000.00 USD Annual
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No