Digital Service Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
Greenwood Village, CO, United States
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryThe employee will be responsible for the setup of digital platform for North America projects, dealing with IT architecture, communication protocols, database configuration and sensors at hydro powerplant. You will be also responsible by remote maintenance and perform analysis of collected data and drive technical discussions with customer. He/her will be responsible by support / manage on control system design (including deploying and testing programs), managing spare parts and tools necessary for site inspection on hydro power plant domain.
You will also be responsible to perform technical tendering tasks and provide technical support for sales team.
GE Renewable Energy’s portfolio of solutions for hydropower generation includes the broadest range of hydro solutions and services: from water to wire, from individual equipment to complete turnkey solutions, for new plants and the installed base. At GE, we believe that the combination of our extensive hydro and digital intelligence makes GE Renewable Energy well-suited to serve the intense & ongoing energy transition. Smarter and more connected, GE’s hydro plants no longer just generate power, they store it and deliver it to the grid with an unmatched level of predictability, flexibility and efficiency. GE is the largest player with 30% of globally installed base in hydro storage. The company’s turbines and generators portfolio represent more than 25% of the total installed capacity worldwide and encompasses a wide range of solutions from 5 MW to 850 MW power per unit to meet a wide range of needs.
- Contribute to the commissioning and maintenance of the hydro edge platform operating in the US
- IT architecture definition,
- Setup the remote connectivity with GE’s cloud platform meeting with customer requirements (configuration of VNP, firewall and switches…)
- Data table exchange configuration between the hydro edge and the SCADA system (Modbus, OPC UA…)
- Remote Maintenance and system support
- Check of existing sensors at site (Accelerometers, proximity probes, tachometer…) connected to the edge platform data acquisition unit
- Data crunching & analysis
- Analyze the data generated by the hydro edge platform remotely (vibration, temperature, pressure…) leveraging specific tools developed and contribute to enhance the tools capabilities working with the software development team.
- Manage customer interface and discussion (supported by hydro domain experts as required).
- Contribute at robotic inspections
- Able to drive this kind of inspection operating the robot
- Deliver reports with the results of inspection
- Execute reverse engineering
- Able to operate the SCAN 3D and produce drawings from the gotten results
- Able to manage spare parts activities of different scope
- Able to design control system projects
- CLP definition and and programming / configuration / test / troubleshoot
- SCADA definition and programming / configuration / test / troubleshoot
- Network definition and programming / configuration / test / troubleshoot
- Database definition and programming / configuration / test / troubleshoot
- Control panel design conception
- Manage NCRs (non conformities report)
- Support to site team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Strong IT/Network background
- Windows and Linux proficient
- Familiar with mechanical issues at a hydropower plant, vibration knowledge
- Pro-activeness, sense of urgency, autonomy
- Experience in Rockwell controller
- Experience in Speed Governor system
- Experience in Automatic Voltage Regulator
- Good spoken and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a global matrix team environment
- Ability to learn & adapt to business needs
- Good planning, organizational skills and team player
- Pro-activeness, sense of urgency, autonomy
- Must be results oriented, focused, and attentive to detail and accuracy
- Must have ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- Good problem solver
- Availability to travel occasionally, including by plane
- Must be willing to comply with pre-employment screening, including but not limited, reference verification and background check.
- Must be able to travel in the USA
The salary range for this position is $93,600 - $156,900 USD/year. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for variable incentive compensation.GE offers benefits and programs to help you manage your personal and family needs, grow and develop you and your career, support your work / life integration, and help you stay connected through volunteerism, employee networks, and philanthropy.
Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, salary continuance program benefits for disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition reimbursement program, use of Cariloop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No