Job Description SummarySystem Simulation Fleet Support team coordinates fleet support activities across all disciplines within the System Simulation Sub-System, and executes those tasks associated to System Value Optimization and System Modeling.
The vision of the Fleet Support team is to support overall ONSW goal to get world’s best running fleet, by minimizing quality escapes impact to GE and customers and ensuring technicians safety during repair operations.
The role of the Senior SVO engineer includes high fidelity WT modeling, fleet data analysis, aeroelastic simulation and executing System Value Optimization assessments and trade-offs to support ASRs, RCAs and PACs.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
- Executes Fleet Data Analytics to identify bad performers in the fleet before any failure occurs and drives corrective actions to prevent it.
- Analyzes GR data and high frequency trip data to understand reason for turbine trips and or failures.
- Field event Co-Simulations to investigate root cause of component failures or underperformance and apply containment and corrective actions.
- Performs load assessments to support ASRs, RCAs & PACs, leveraging control technologies to mitigate mechanical loads & improve turbine power performance.
- Supports high fidelity WT model creation, partnering with RCA teams and Multibody Simulation (Simpack) team to improve model fidelity where needed to support field events investigation.
- Provides solutions in the field of simulation, operability or system trade-off recommendation to optimize the cost of energy by reducing design driving loads and maximizing the energy capture.
- Supports activities in the aeroelasticity and stability domain.
- Works closely with the Controlled Tittle Holders community across the business and global team members to ensure high quality and consistency on system simulation techniques & practices.
- Partners with CTH to incorporate field related lessons learned back into the design process via Design Practice updates.
- Contributes to continuous improvement in methods and tools in collaboration with the CTH community and leads process related improvements.
- Master’s degree from an accredited university in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering.
- Minimum of 5 years of proven aeroelastic simulation experience for Wind Turbines.
- In depth knowledge on aeroelasticity, MBS, system dynamics and fatigue loading assessment.
- Expert knowledge of high-fidelity MBS softwares for wind turbine aero elastic simulations (Bladed, Simpack, Hawc2, Adams, etc.).
- Effective problem identification and solving ability.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and global environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leading and influencing skills and a positive energy.
- Wind turbine system design experience.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills, including ability to work across cultural boundaries in a global team.
- Product or Project Management Experience.
- Pro-active thinking & action to ensure quality.
- Strong issue resolution skills and conflict management.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No