Job Description SummaryThe Senior Technical Leader - Supplier Quality Engineering Blades will work closely with LM Design Engineering, SQE and Advanced Manufacturing Engineering (AME) team, Commodity Leaders, Buyers, Project Management, Customer Fleet Performance, and GE Vernova Onshore Wind Supplier Quality team on all activity required to effectively support supplier quality activities for the Blades Component.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As the Senior Technical Leader Supplier Quality Engineering Blades, you will:
- Provide quality and technical expertise and leadership for the blades commodity
- Develop & implement best practices & standardization for blades commodity and across the organization
- Mentor other SQEs
- Focal point for field issues, escaping defects & supplier quality issues
- Provide indirect leadership for sourcing quality metrics & strategy
- Assume ownership & support resolution for quality issues
- Identify needs & develop strategy for systemic sourcing quality issues
- Develop and lead Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) plans, process /product verification efforts, quality system audits and supplier surveillance program where needed
- Lead process improvement
- Bachelor's Degree in relevant technical field from an accredited university or college.
- Minimum of 4 years of quality management experience, manufacturing quality, or supplier quality roles.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 40% of the time.
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and a passion for quality
- Demonstrated leadership and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects
- Quality training and/or related work experience (ISO 9001, TS 16949)
- Strong capabilities on Failure Mode Effects Analysis, Error Proofing, Measurement System Analysis and Statistical process control
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Root Cause Analysis training in a recognized methodology (8D, PSR, RCA or equivalent)
- Six Sigma Black Belt certification or equivalent quality certification
- Ability to work in a cross-functional and global team environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
- Related Wind sourcing and/or manufacturing experience
- Prior experience in CoPQ analysis, vendor recovery negotiations
- Prior experience in Composite manufacturing
The salary range for this position is 101,300.00 - 135,000.00 - 168,800.00 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a performance bonus. Available benefits include Health, Medical, 401K, Paid Leave.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes