Job Description SummarySystems engineering is a cross-functional engineering discipline centered on an approach, mindset, and process. All activities that consider both the business and the technical needs of the customers with the goal of providing a quality product that meets the users needs. The discipline that executes a robust process of design, creation, and optimization of systems, consisting of identification and quantification of system requirements, creation of alternate system design concepts, performance of design trade studies, selection and implementation of the best designs and verification that the design is properly integrated and executed. Process that proceeds from concept to production to operation.
Impacts approaches, projects and programs in the functional area or affected business organization and ways of working. Impacts quality, efficiency and effectiveness of own team. Has significant input into priorities. Guided by professional practices and policies that are shaped by the role. The role has moderate autonomy, requiring high levels of operational judgment.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conducts technology and product integration to integrate for maximum performance and operability.
- Demonstrated ability to execute projects and programs on-time and on-budget
- Manages product and systems requirements, specifications and flow down.
- Drives validation and verification activities for the overall product/system, including system level testing.
- Responsible for defining product requirements for the module / component / subcontractors and partners teams.
- Manages interface between technology and execution organizations.
- Responsible for driving CTQ / Risk trades within the teams designing the technologies.
- Support the corresponding technology processes: Session T, MGTP, S2 & NTI that decide on what to fund, and then develop those technologies.
- Articulate NTI benefits visibly with systems models and waterfalls anchored to tech/derivative charts “moved by” NTI
- Work across GRC, LM, and ONW to ensure successful, lean implementation of technologies.
- Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Minimum of 5 years of significant experience in the Engineering/Technology & Systems Engineering.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Ability to lead development across multiple engineering and non-engineering organizations.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Experience leading pre-NPI (TRL0-TRL6) technology development, resulting in successful productization
- Demonstrated strength in Controls, Operability and/or System Simulation. Specifically operational solutions to improve AEP or Availability.
- Experience with wind turbine development
The salary range for this position is $108,600 - $181,000. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for variable incentive compensation (15%) Available Health and Welfare benefits include, Prescription drug, dental and vision coverage; saving account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional Benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, short-disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition refund program, use of CareLoop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional person legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes