Job Description SummaryThe Sierra PMO Leader is a key member of the Onshore Wind Program Management and Operations Leader staff. This role is responsible for leading the product development programs for the Sierra (3MW) wind turbine platform. General responsibilities include integrated business planning, tollgate process & rhythm, program budgets, and overall program execution. Specific responsibilities include:
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
- Lead a team of Program Managers providing clarity on priorities, supporting them and coaching them to succeed.
- Develop the vision, set strategic priorities, and ensure alignment across stakeholders to support execution of wind turbine development programs.
- Drive a culture of outstanding process rigor, cross-functional collaboration, and efficiency into program management and operational rhythms
- Ensure teams are integrated into the business planning cycle and drive alignment within the product teams.
- Partner with key stakeholders to make program prioritization decisions and ensure alignment across stakeholders
- Own the segment operational rhythms for tollgate consistent with the product development operating rhythm
- Drive a world class program management & operations culture. Support development and continuous improvement of tools, reporting, planning, and communication.
- Partner with the commercial, product line, engineering, supply chain, and related teams to drive alignment on priorities and successful execution of programs
- Develop and maintain the segment operational and financial metrics. Ensure related data is available and impactful for segment
- Partner with key stakeholders to operate as “one team” driving optimal decisions and outcomes for the segment
- Build a strong team – attract, develop, and retain great talent. Create culture of empowerment, coaching, and talent development
- Effectively deliver on a significant engineering operating and NPI investment budget
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college in Engineering, business, or related discipline
- Minimum of 7 years of relevant engineering, program management, or operational experience
- Minimum of 3 years of leadership experience
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 15% of the time
- Strong expertise in Wind industry
- Strong program management and operational experience including leading tollgate processes, driving S&OP process, and program management
- Strategic thinker – demonstrated ability to see around corners, contingency plan, and overcome challenges to meet deliverables
- Excellent leader, effective coach, and trusted mentor
- Demonstrated ability to influence others, drive change, and align cross-functional teams to success
- Excellent communicator with demonstrated ability to connect positively with others
- Strong business acumen
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related area from an accredited college or university
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes