Job Description SummaryLead the technical interface with Commercial Operations, Marketing, Sales, Requisition Engineering, and Project Management for the Inquiry-to-Order (ITO) life cycle on Wind Turbine proposals. Execute Mechanical Loads Analysis tasks, support of project bids, and tracking of projects to closure. Maximize power productions by devising layout optimization strategies to minimize wake losses and employing different load mitigation strategies to enable turbine suitability.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
- Support the Sales & Commercial Operation teams from an Engineering standpoint for Wind Turbine Micrositing and Wind Farm risk assessment by leveraging wind turbine loads, controls and operability expertise.
- Develop technical solutions (configuration, performance estimation, economics, etc.) as part of the pre-ITO (requisition) process while interfacing with the commercial team.
- Work with the Wind Resource Assessment Engineers to leverage the site wind conditions and leverage them to provide turbine suitability solution.
- Develop thorough understanding of the component capabilities by working with component designers and execution expertise in component analysis methodologies.
- Develop holistic understanding of the Wind turbine products offered and help with the due diligence effort for the customer requirements.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Work with a heavily matrixed team to automate and simplify MLA tools and processes to help define strategies for faster MLA.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Civil or Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
- Minimum 7 years of relevant Engineering Experience within which at least 2 years in Wind
- In-depth knowledge of structural dynamics or loads simulations
- Hands-on experience in aero-elastic simulation tools such as FLEX5 or ADAMS or SIMPACK
- Strong analytical skills, problem-solving mindset and creativity
- Affluent communication skills in English – Verbal & Written
- Good Interpersonal communication skills to work in a global team framework.
- Wind turbine micro-siting experience with exposure to Wind Resource Assessment
- Hands-on experience in FLEX5 or SIMPACK for Wind Turbine loads calculation
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment
- Experience in MATLAB or Python based tools development
- Results oriented, with strong data driven technical and interpersonal skills, with experience providing guidance to & working in, diverse global teams
- Ability and willingness to accept challenges outside of technical expertise / comfort zone
- Self-Motivated, Team player, with Demonstrated Creativity and Fulfillment
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes