Job Description SummaryThe candidate would have a mechanical engineering degree with a testing background. This role will be responsible for development, design, build and commissioning responsibilities for new test rigs. This person will strive to support all aspects of the GE Onshore wind business to include subsystem NTI/NPI and RCA work.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future
Roles and Responsibilities
- Drive lessons learned, best practices and standardization into testing and safety processes.
- Work with vendors that supply our test equipment to integrate new rigs with our existing systems and controls.
- Collaborate with System, Sub-System and component engineers to develop/design/source/build and commission new test rigs.
- Be the technical resource for both labs. To include controls and instrumentation where applicable.
- Be available for both labs as needed, with the willingness to travel to either lab as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar from an accredited college or university (equivalent experience in field will be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong mechanical design fundamentals with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Familiarity with Wonderware or other PLC experience
- Wind turbine experience
- Drivetrain disassembly and assembly experience
- Electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic experience
- Experience with heavy equipment with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes