Job Description SummaryThe Fleet Systems Engineering team is seeking a Lead System Engineer with demonstrated wind turbine system expertise to provide technical leadership in the development and implementation of NPI, RCA, RTS and strategic projects. You will be responsible for system level trades and decisions, contribution to and approval of requirements (through DMs) and customer facing technical documents, and direct contributions to projects as a system engineer.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future
- Provide wind turbine system expertise through all phases of product lifecycle including requirements definition, design, development, validation, RCA and RTS.
- Lead and/or oversee system trade-offs that address product CTQs such as cost, power performance, noise, reliability & operability
- Contribute to and approve system requirements (through Design Memos)
- Contribute to and approve customer facing technical documents
- Responsible for complex assignments with long-term business implications, impacting the products’ technical success
- Establish design strategies, contribute to multi-generation system and technology plans in conjunction with Platform and Sub-system Managers
- Effectively communicate and provide recommendations through analysis, preparation, and presentation of technical material to internal and external audiences
- Contribute to new and revised design practices
- Demonstrate effective risk mitigation and technical problem solving
- Drive simplification and standardization of best practices into engineering analyses, validation, and design execution
- Drive implementation of control technologies to mitigate mechanical loads & improve turbine power performance targeting LCOE reduction.
- Drive simplification in managing high variability of Onshore LC platforms targeting multiple regions, regarding design, validation, and certifications.
- Collaborate with wind farm engineering team and provide solutions to enhance application space.
- Work closely with the Controlled Tittle Holders community across the business and global team members to ensure high quality and consistency on systems design and trade off decisions.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in Engineering
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience working on wind turbine system-related projects, issues and/or technologies.
- Strong technical aptitude
- System or product-level mindset and experience in simultaneous engineering new product development processes.
- Effective problem identification and solving ability.
- Proven ability to work in a cross-functional and global environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Strong interpersonal skills, leading and influencing skills and a positive energy
- Ability to break-down complex issues, determine possible courses of action, and enable effective decision making
- Knowledgeable about GE Wind Turbine design practices and systems integration.
- Conceptual design and system-level trade-off experience
- RCA, Field issues, testing and/or validation experience
- Experience in wind Turbine Certification Processes
The salary range for this position is$93,600 - $156,000 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a 10% variable incentive bonus. Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, short-term disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition refund program, use of CariLoop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No