Global Customs & Logistics Operations Leader
GE Renewable Energy
Greenville, SC, United States
21 days ago
Job Description SummaryProcesses and procedures related to the movement and shipment of GE goods across borders.Management. Impacts the team's ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives. The role is subject to operating policy objectives. There is moderate autonomy within the role. High levels of operational judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage legal and administrative processes for insurance and custom clearance (from tender phase to execution phase).
- Requires specialized knowledge within the function. Influence the development of strategy for the area of responsibility, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
- Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may inform work.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems in areas of operational, product management, manufacturing, technology or engineering. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- Master's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- Minimum of 5 years of significant experience in the Logistics & Customs and Insurances.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
The salary range for this position is $113,300-$188,900 USD. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for variable incentive compensation (15%). Available Health and Welfare benefits include, Prescription drug, dental and vision coverage; saving account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional Benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, short-disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition refund program, use of CareLoop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional person legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes