Job Description SummaryThe Engineering Technical Development and Quality Leader is an interactive member of the Onshore Wind (ONW) Engineering Technical Development Team in the Chief Engineer’s Office with a focus to lead engineering process improvements. In this role, you will identify, plan, and drive initiatives that improve the outcome of engineering deliverables. You will collaborate with Engineering Leaders, Controlled Title Holders, Design Engineers, and other cross-functional teams (i.e. quality, sourcing, etc.) to ensure that design procedures and work instructions are up-to-date, effective, and provide the intended outcome. You will also own the communication strategy and associated training of these work instructions and procedures to the rest of the Engineering organization. Additionally, the Technical Development Team is responsible to design, produce, and deploy technical trainings in a variety of approaches for other engineering disciplines and you will lead or support the development of such trainings in partnership with Subject Matter Experts.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Own and manage the Onshore Wind Engineering Quality System ensuring ISO 9001 certification standards
- Assess Engineering quality processes and supporting standard work/work instruction/process documents and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate and work Onshore Wind (ONW) Quality Team to understand quality objectives, support aligning applicable enterprise quality goals, and implement into Engineering in the most streamlined, pragmatic, and effective manner possible.
- Manage and communicate quality metrics to the organization and process owners (overdue documents, internal audits completion and closure of internal audit finding)
- Manage Engineering quality process deployment and own the associated online sites to communicate Engineering information
- Own and manage Onshore Wind (ONW) ENG external and internal audit program. Utilize audit results to drive strategic process improvements.
Drive and Lead Engineering Process Improvement Initiatives
- Identify, plan, and lead specific continuous improvement updates that influence critical Engineering activities (i.e. technical underwriting, design practices, processes, and procedures, special Chief Engineer’s Office initiatives, etc.)
- Identify, plan, and lead cross-functional process improvement (Sourcing, Product Management, Fleet Performance, etc.) initiatives using systematic approaches to create better quality outcomes (i.e. APQP, risk management, NPI, etc.)
Lead and Support Technical Training and Development
- Drive training and awareness initiatives for Engineers to ensure accurate and pragmatic application of the ISO/QMS requirements.
- Identify knowledge and execution gaps to critical business and Engineering processes and procedures. Partner with key stakeholders and Subject Matter Experts to develop necessary training and development to close the gaps.
- Support development and deployment of technical processes and training initiatives using a variety of methods, approach, and tools (i.e. Smartsheet, Confluence, Articulate Storyline, VenU, Onshore Wind (ONW) Technical Training Portal, etc).
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a technical field
- Experience in the Wind Business
- Quality Management System leadership experience
- Certified lead auditor 1SO 9001
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills with an ability to communicate complex messages in a manner that is simple, understandable, and helpful
- Proven leadership ability – can influence cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated project management, organizational and planning skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Able to work independently with stakeholders who have a variety of objectives and constraints
- Passionate about continuous improvement with an emphasis on simplicity
- Able to think outside of the box to bring creative, sustainable solutions to complicated problems
The salary range for this position is$108,600 - $181,000 USD Annual. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including the candidate’s experience, their education, and the work location. In addition, this position is eligible for a 15% variable incentive bonus. Available health and welfare benefits include healthcare, prescription drug, dental, and vision coverage; savings account options (such as a Health Care Flexible Savings Account, Health Reimbursement Account, Limited Purpose Flexible Spending Account, and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Account); and an employee assistance program. Additional benefits include a defined contribution 401(k) plan, employee life insurance, optional dependent life insurance, employee accidental death or dismemberment insurance coverage, short-term disability, optional long-term disability, pre-tax transportation/commuter program, paid holidays, paid time off, parental leave, a layoff plan for salaried employees, tuition refund program, use of CariLoop, adoption assistance, optional identity theft prevention insurance, optional personal legal assistance, and optional personal excess liability insurance.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes