Job Description SummarySuccessful candidate will be a part of the test team in GE Renewable Engineering OnShore Wind Business Unit. The role offers ownership of drive bay test activities, including test configuration, operation, data handling, and RCA field equipment disassembly for the design teams. Conceptual design and construction of new test rigs as well as other duties.
GE’s Onshore Wind business has a total installed base of more than 50,000 wind turbines in more than 35 counties, with 100+ GW of global installed capacity. We harness increased onshore wind energy potential through a broad family of turbines that are uniquely suited for a variety of wind environments, including Cypress, GE’s most powerful onshore wind turbine, and GE’s 2MW platform, which has more than 20GW installed and in operation today. We are committed to our customers’ success in wind, offering a broad portfolio of products and services that make renewables the energy of choice for a cleaner future.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Design and execute tests to fulfill design validation requirements for drivetrain systems and components as defined by the machine head design teams.
- Lead testing, verification & validation of component(s) in collaboration with design team.
- Understand utilize data systems and use of instrumentation.
- Drive lessons learned, best practices and standardization into testing and safety processes.
- Collaborate with System, Sub-System, and component Engineers to investigate field issues with equipment as delivered to the GTTL drive bay.
- Provide oversight on contractors as needed.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or similar from an accredited college or university (equivalent experience in field will be considered in lieu of bachelor’s degree)
- Minimum 7 years experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated strong mechanical design fundamentals with strong problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects
- Familiarity with Wonderware or other PLC experience
- Wind turbine experience
- Drivetrain disassembly and assembly experience
- Electrical, mechanical, and/or hydraulic experience
- Experience with heavy equipment with a working knowledge of crane and rigging requirements
- Working knowledge of CAD (preferably Unigraphics NX 3D-CAD).
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes