Lead Embedded Software Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryResponsible for designing , developing and testing Embedded Software (Firmware), platforms and systems that control and runs on devices that need to be tailored to the needs of the hardware that it has to control and run on (i.e. directly controls the real time functions of a physical device such as motors, alternators, engines, valves, fans, and other devices and products). Typically requires a deep understanding of the characteristics of the physical device being controlled, the realtime functions it is expected to perform and the ability to design, develop, implement, and test the logic and software required to realize the realtime functionality. Usually tailored for products and services across various P&Ls. Impacts departmental operations and responsible for planning/execution. The role has some autonomy but is focused on execution of activities within an operating discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Some judgment may be required but this is typically with guidance.
Join the innovative Measurements and Networking development team! We are creating the building blocks to enable digital transformation in the power grid, focused on signal digitization and networking infrastructure devices! In the role of Embedded Software Engineer, you will use your experience / expertise to build a strong foundation for planning, developing, integrating, and executing assigned projects in collaboration with other adjacent team members under defined requirements and processes leading to final product deliveries of software applications or device drivers based on strategies for the power industry.
Are you ready to be responsible for day-to-day execution of various product-line based programs, multi-functional coordination within the team and other product areas?
- We execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound scientific / engineering principles and practices.
- We define software architecture and software design.
- We define interface requirements.
- We collaborate software requirements, test cases and test procedures.
- We collaborate and occasionally develop engineering tools and processes necessary to meet the projects engineering and business goals.
- We develop software applications and execute software integration activities.
- We provide timely communications on significant issues or developments, maintaining a focus on safety and reliability.
- We execute platform software reuse strategies and processes.
- We execute trade studies related to software technologies such as operating systems, software architectures, frameworks and tools.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or a related Technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
- 8+ years Experience in C/C++ programming in an embedded environment.
- Experience in embedded Linux development experience.
- Knowledge of scripting languages (Shell, python, etc.).
- Technical English communication skills
- Experience working on teams that use Agile Scrum development methodology.
- Experience implementing and using CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with micro services software architecture.
- Experience with test-driven design, unit testing.
- Knowledge of requirements definition and trace, architecture planning, design implementation, documentation, testing, verification and production support efforts.
- Knowledge on IEC61850, IEEE1588 and/or networking protocols (HSR, PRP, RSTP, VLANs...)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to deliver on innovative ideas for products and processes
Together with our customers, we’re showing that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or renewable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on what’s happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No