Job Description SummaryDrive quality for assigned suppliers, including quality plan implementation. Select suppliers through qualification processes. Own supplier results, drive improvements utilizing supplier scorecards. Own supplier audits, ensuring compliance, and driving improvement plans where needed. In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 13,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
Why we come to work:
Strategic thinkers who enjoy a fast-paced working environment, our Sourcers are resilient and resolute in the face of challenge. They’re accountable for the decisions they make, and love to prove they can get the best product for the job through their resourcefulness. This confidence is empowering and exciting -and their knowledge is second to none through the opportunities to travel to supplier locations in this role! You’ll thrive in this role if you’re a great negotiator, with a persistent mindset and the desire to experience global cultures.
This role will partner closely with the Regional Supplier Qualification Leader and have responsibility for deployment of supplier quality policy and related SQ tools for the Clearwater location. Responsibilities will include driving all SQE related activities within the Clearwater location (FPQ, SRG, Audits, NC escalations)
- Select suppliers through Approval/ qualification processes
- SRG Compliance
- Perform supplier audits, ensuring compliance, driving improvement plans utilizing supplier scorecards and supplier focus program
- Drive quality compliance for assigned suppliers, including quality plan implementations
- Provide technical guidance to suppliers to ensure product/process compliance within engineering drawings and specifications
- Work closely with internal stakeholders such as Supplier Quality, Sourcing, Production Quality, Manufacturing, and Engineering as well as with external stakeholders to eliminate roadblocks and communication barriers that may affect quality and delivery requirements
- Partner with Field SQE, P&L SQ, Technical SQE.
- Participate in development of supplier audit plan as per SQ policy and commodity strategy
- Field SQE (PC1) or Factory SQE (PC2/PC3) non-critical items
- Planning and executions to SRG and Qualification (Surveillance, Process, Product) audit program as required
- Launch improvement actions where applicable and perform effectivity of action plan through follow up audit
- Support the NPI, BCC, Cost out and TOW qualification projects
- Work collaboratively with Sourcing, Supply chain, Engineering /R&D and Production quality to ensure smooth executions on qualifications projects
- Ensure compliance to QMS documented product qualification process/policies
- COF/COR monthly reporting for unit- coordinate with various functions
- Support Supplier Recovery negotiations to cover reporting & technical investigations
- Drive COQ and DPMO reduction activities for supply base
- Support production quality for Supplier NCs
- Work closely with Field SQ, ensure supplier understands the NC and action plan
- Conduct/participate in Monthly Operating Reviews (Provide SQ data)
- Identify top poor performing suppliers, work with Sourcing stakeholders for agreement on poor performers and escalation path
- Launch supplier performance improvement program with time bound action plans
- Monitor Supplier Performance; drive suppliers to perform 8D to reduce top issue trends
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (or a minimum of 3 years of related experience)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the domain of Quality, Manufacturing and Supply Chain/Sourcing/Supplier Quality
- Ability and willingness to travel to supplier sites
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills(8D)
- Strong oral and written communications skills internally and externally
- Experience of working in a global environment
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Strong Change Management skills
- Ability to influence others and lead small project teams
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and a passion for quality
- Strong background in interpretation of Engineering drawings/specifications, metrology, and manufacturing process planning/evaluation
- In-depth knowledge of auditing and/or ISO 9001 standard
- SRG Trained/Certified Auditor
- IATC /QMS auditor
- Six Sigma GB trained and certified (GE employees only)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No