Lead Manufacturing Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
Clearwater, FL, United States
10 days ago
Job Description Summary
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
This role reports direct to the Sr Shop Operations leader and is responsible for supporting business growth initiatives, including support of safety improvements, Lean, VCP projects and overall manufacturing improvements.
- Partner with EHS team to identify processes or equipment that can be improved to eliminate safety hazards.
- Define and control production process including tooling and equipment. Validate design specifications and shop floor application of new product, tools, or equipment.
- Specify and procure new equipment and tooling needed to meet production, quality and growth requirements.
- Develop and implement VCP projects and be accountable for successful completion.
- Support NPI and TOW projects, and related equipment.
- Team with production to identify processes or equipment that can be automated or otherwise improved to leverage productivity.
- Utilize Six Sigma/Lean tools and techniques to drive innovations and improvements.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering
- Minimum of 2 years of manufacturing experience.
- Green Belt Certified
- OMLP Graduate
- Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills are a must
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team
- Excellent communication and listening skills
- Ability to build relationships within the company at all levels and with customers and suppliers
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes