Job Description SummaryWho We Are
Solar and Storage Solutions provides reliable, affordable, and dispatchable integration of renewable energies. The business unit, part of GE Vernova, works with utilities and developers to create Solar and Storage Solutions power networks, which combine renewable sources, efficient energy storage and software to create a more predictable supply of renewable electrons.
Why We Come To Work
Our team is dedicated to making a difference and creating a more sustainable future for all. We foster a dynamic and inclusive work environment where everyone is valued and can thrive. Whether you're a seasoned professional or just starting your career in the clean energy industry, we invite you to join our team and be a part of a company that is making a real difference in the world.
We are seeking a highly skilled Process Engineer to join our product development team. The ideal candidate will lead lean initiatives to optimize our product development processes, reduce waste, and enhance overall operational efficiency. This role is crucial in ensuring that our products meet the highest quality standards while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
- Lean Process Improvement: Lead and facilitate lean initiatives within the product development team, employing tools such as PSR (Problem Solving Report), value stream mapping, 5S, Kaizen events, and other lean methodologies to identify areas for improvement and implement solutions.
- Waste Reduction: Identify and eliminate waste in product development processes, including but not limited to cycle time, defects, and non-value-added activities.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including engineering, manufacturing, project management, and quality control, to align lean strategies with overall product development goals.
- Quality Assurance: Work closely with the quality assurance team to ensure that products meet or exceed quality standards, while optimizing processes for efficiency.
- Cost Control: Implement cost-saving measures by analyzing product development processes, optimizing resource allocation, and reducing operational expenses.
- Data-Driven Analysis: Utilize data analytics to monitor and measure the effectiveness of lean initiatives, providing regular reports on progress and recommending improvements.
- Continuous Improvement Culture: Foster a culture of continuous improvement within the organization, promoting lean principles among team members and providing training and guidance as needed.
- Technology Integration: Explore and implement advanced technologies and automation to enhance product development efficiency.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, operations management, or a related field. Master's degree is a plus.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the solar and energy storage industry, with a strong track record of implementing lean methodologies.
- Lean Six Sigma certification is preferred.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent project management and leadership abilities.
- Proficiency in data analysis and lean software tools.
- In-depth knowledge of solar and energy storage systems and their development processes.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes