Lead Electrical Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
6 days ago
Job Description SummaryThe Lead Electrical Engineer, Solar and Energy Storage, will be responsible for supporting the full electrical scope of system design activities associated with the develop of new products for both Grid and off Grid Connected as well as the of projects of Energy Storage systems of GE Renewable Energy. The candidate must have skills and experience in MV / LV transformer and Substation design, specification preparation, capable to optimize the design. Good understanding of the world-wide electrical standards, electrical design as well as customer needs and convert them to energy storage system designs is the key role for this profile.
The Lead Electrical Engineer will require a wide base of knowledges across electrical, both the AC and DC, power electronic and control of the system with sufficient details to support the electrical design across the main area of the Energy Storage products design.
In the Lead Electrical Engineer role, Energy Storage, you will:
- Be part of the electrical team to design the whole electrical sub-systems of the ES products family with responsibilities on sizing MV equipment’s like transformer , RMU, Switchgear and designing LV distribution and control panels, AC and DC busbars distribution sizing, AC and DC cable/wire sizing. The candidate will be responsible on choosing and/or designing all the electrical components in the subsystem following and fulfilling the system/project requirements
- Conceptually design utility-scale energy storage systems and renewable assets + storage that minimizes the levelized cost of energy (LCOE)
- Perform energy storage degradation modeling for multiple project-specific use cases and energy storage technologies across the projects’ useful life
- Determine optimal energy storage system sizing based on technology, modeled degradation, augmentation, and system life
- Support value-engineering approach when designing energy storage systems in multiple project-specific use cases
- Assist in technical vendor reviews and qualifications
- Experience with battery modeling and optimization for grid applications
- Be responsible to perform AC and DC short circuit calculations and choose the related right protections, AC and DC Arch flash analysis (NFPA-70E) and auxiliary power needs/calculations. Experience in carrying out power system design studies for Energy storage projects (Fault Level, load flow , Protection relay co-ordination, and Arc flash studies etc..) using ETAP, EDSA, SKM, Easy power, Matlab.
- Be responsible to develop detailed electrical technical specifications (i.e. power transformers, electrical panels, passive electrical components etc.) to be used with third parties.
- Working in the electrical team for developing electrical procedures, documentation, user manuals, test plans and all necessary to deploy the New Products Introduction (NPI) to the Energy Storage business,
- Working with the inverter team to produce power capability curves
- Support the Energy storage Project team to design the electrical part of the Energy Storage projects by following the project requirements, understand and translate the project and grid code electrical requirements into electrical Energy Storage design to fulfil the project/Customer needs.
- Effectively communicate results to both internal and external customers by preparing detailed written reports or presentations describing analyses performed, solutions developed, and customer value propositions.
- Knowledge of following modelling tools would be an advantage: HOMER , SAM, BLAST, SimSES, Matlab
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes