Job Description SummaryActivities contributing to the design and development of products, solutions and systems. Includes activities linked to technical improvement of existing products and components Accountable for the quality of own work. Subject to direct operations supervision/prescribed work instructions/systems checking. Executes within a well-defined operations framework. There is generally a step by step sequence of standard operational tasks which need to be followed to achieve an end result.
Who We Are
Solar and Storage Solutions provides reliable, affordable and dispatchable integration of renewable energies. The business unit, part of GE Vernova, works with utilities and developers to create Solar and Storage Solutions power networks, which combine renewable sources, efficient energy storage and software to create a more predictable supply of renewable electrons.
Why We Come To Work
Our team is dedicated to making a difference and creating a more sustainable future for all. We foster a dynamic and inclusive work environment where everyone is valued and can thrive. Whether you’re a seasoned professional or just starting your career in the clean energy industry, we invite you to join our team and be a part of a company that is making a real difference in the world.
- Strong academic knowledge and analytical skills
- Concept and Basic Mechanical design – Packaging of Electrical components
- Detail engineering and Validation of design
- NPI, Localization and Development of Drives products – Mechanical
- Cost out & Direct Material Productivity DMP activities.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Bachelors/Master Degree in Engineering (Mechanical/CAD design Preferred)
- Mechanical Design with Development expertise 1-4 yrs in LV/MV drives/BESS product
- Experience and In-depth knowledge in requisition engineering and cost reduction exercise – Localization and VA/VE
- Expertize in new conceptualization, layout and equipment design/optimization with required technical specification
- Hands on working knowledge in Ansys, Creo/ Pro E, CAD tools
- Exposure to Manufacturing process & Quality standards
- Ensure OTD /FTY of deliverables
- Technical and Risk management experience
- Flexible to work with cross-functional teams and global assignments
- Self-starter, Initiator & Solution finder for critical problems with high motivation
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Fluent in English
- Good knowledge and understanding in Simulation tools for thermal and structural analysis
- Exposure in DFMEA & DFM will be an added advantage
- Exposure in Six sigma – DMAIC or DFSS will be an added advantage
- Ability to energize teams and perceives change as an opportunity
- Ability to work effectively in a culturally diverse and highly matrix environment
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years’ experience required for any role based within the USA.For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes