Job Description SummaryBe the key liaison between the Outside salesforce, Customers, and internal Technical Product Support teams to ensure a smooth sales process and to assist with effective resolution to any customer inquiries or issues raised. Responsible for customer service inquiries, direct communication, and follow-up on all problem resolutions concerning bid offers, orders, reports, invoices, agreements, and contract requirements for targeted clients, assigned accounts package and territories.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Works closely with Key Account Managers, Sales Representatives, Distributors, and Channel Partners, to support our Grid Solutions portfolio for Power Utilities, Industrial customers, and the Energy sector in general
- Responsible for customer service inquiries, direct communication, and follow-up on all problem resolutions concerning bid offers, orders, reports, invoices, agreements, and contract requirements for targeted clients, assigned accounts package and territories
- Be the key liaison between the Outside salesforce, Customers, and internal Technical Product Support teams to ensure a smooth sales process and to assist with effective resolution to any customer inquiries or issues raised
- Customer facing communication to support the business winning strategies
- Creation, submission, follow-up, and close-out of quotations
- Order entry, pricing, lead time and contractual requirements verification in order to avoid any discrepancies
- Facilitate and document modifications to orders, including changes to bill of material, drawings, pricing, and availability accordingly
- Provides training and facilities learning for peers, with focus on new hires
- Workload management for backup staff
- Bachelor's Degree in related field with a minimum of 3 years of technical sales support or customer support (OR non-degreed with a minimum of 5 years of direct experience in sales or customer support of a technical industrial or commercial manufactured product)
- Minimum of 3 years direct experience working closely with customers, providing customer service support, and responding to a wide variety of customer inquiries
- Experience in the Electrical Power Products and Utilities industries
- Proficiency in second language in Spanish, Portuguese, French - other than English
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Ability to interpret and decipher specs and to comprehend specific customer requirements
- Excellent time management, organization, and prioritization skills
- Must have ability to handle and manage many concurrent customer orders and quotations
- Ability to effectively work within a diverse environment
- Role can be based in Charlotte-NC, Clearwater-FL, or Charleroi-PA. The role is not remote, but a hybrid schedule is encouraged.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No