Job Description SummaryHR support for Site Leader, client group People Leaders, and Employees on organizational and employee matters, as well as coaching, HR process expertise and other general HR activities. Individuals in this category act as the HR Manager of record for a client group. Interprets simple internal and external business challenges and recommends best practices to improve products, processes or services. Stays informed of industry trends that may influence work.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Partners with Site Leader on talent development programs, performance management, site communications, and to execute HR strategies,
- A first point of contact for employees & managers who provide leadership, coaching and support for individual employee needs & HR processes. For use in businesses that are operating in the HR Partnership Model.
- Manages a small to medium team of professionals. Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise within their discipline. May require strong operations and commercial awareness, and is expected to influence the development of strategy within own area, including control of resources and influences policy formulation.
- May lead functional teams or projects with minimal resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity. Communicates difficult concepts and may influence others' options on particular topics. May guide others to consider a different point of view.
- Impacts the team's ability to achieve service, quality and timeliness of objectives. Work is subject to functional policy objectives. Regularly advises management in the function and/or in the business. Has a supportive role in decision making about important subjects. High levels of evaluative judgment are required to achieve outcomes required.
- Uses high level of judgment to make decisions and handle complex tasks or problems that impact the function. Has ability to assess quality of information given and ask pertinent questions to stakeholders. Able to offer new solutions to problems outside of set parameters and is able to construct and provide recommendations. Uses multiple internal and some external sources outside of own function to help arrive at a decision.
- For roles in USA - Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 6 years of experience in Job Family Group(s)/Function(s)).
- 5 years of HR leadership.
- Strong oral and written communication skills. Strong interpersonal and leadership skills. Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems. Demonstrated ability to lead programs / projects. Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs. Established project management skills.
To comply with US immigration and other legal requirements, it is necessary to specify the minimum number of years' experience required for any role based within the USA.For roles outside of the USA, to ensure compliance with applicable legislation, the JDs should focus on the substantive level of experience required for the role and a minimum number of years should NOT be used.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes