GE Renewable Energy
Charleroi, PA, United States
16 days ago
Job Description SummaryCoordinate and expedite the flow of materials (from suppliers and also within departments) according to production schedules. Plan and schedule material/production needs.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Must pull the monthly load from the Master Production Schedule files and create the Production Schedule taking into consideration the mix, complexity, and customer requirements while adjusting the sequence.
- Monitor and update the Production Schedule daily following the production meeting, as well as balance and adjust the load as needed by working with the master scheduler and production team to meet the customers ship dates.
- Create the monthly Kitting Report and monitor it daily. Work closely with the Supply Chain and Inventory to monitor all shortages affecting production. Track the due dates and notify production and inventory of any changes, as well as update the shortages on the production schedule per breaker daily. •Communicate any changes in the schedule with Production, Inventory, Master Scheduler, and the Project Management team.
- Create and release work orders in SAP and job packets daily to keep production and inventory on time.
- Complete any Engineering Change Notices and maintain work order Bill of Material accuracy.
- Notify production and inventory of any Bill of Material changes on open work orders.
- Monitor the Material Optimization report and manage the work order dates.
- Notify Project Management team of any past due orders and update ship dates as needed.
- Create and release all Warranty/Service/Project Managers orders as needed and notify Inventory, and
production if assembly is required.
- Set up the Production Meeting, send invites, and attend meeting daily.
- Attend Quick Response meetings, and Sales meetings as scheduled, as well as attending the Master Production Scheduler meetings weekly, and transfer any shortages to the production schedule per order.
- Back-up to the Master Scheduler
- Create Purchase Orders for Nameplates based on current schedule and Engineering Changes
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 5 years of experience in Manufacturing)
- Minimum of 3 years production planning/supply chain experience in a related industry
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control,
- Ability to interact well with internal and external customers.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient use of computer systems and software applications.
- Ability to document, plan, market, and execute programs.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No