GE Renewable Energy
Charleroi, PA, United States
8 days ago
Job Description Summary
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and
services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
- Reads and lays out diagram for electrical installations according to wiring specifications. AC/DC
- Mounts serial plates, CT plates, warning and caution tags, and identification tags
- Cuts, strips, bends, and forms wire cable, conduit pope, and tubing used to connect circuits and subassemblies
- Shrink labels for all wires
- Connects color-coded wires, according to CT drawing specifications
- Test and adjusts electrical assemblies
- Discusses errors in diagrams or production order with supervisor or engineer to clarify assembly problems
- Performs assembly functions in accordance with Quality Control Procedures to ensure the output will meet QC and customer standards
- Follows ISO 9000 procedures
- Inspects own work to ensure that each breaker is properly wired, vacuumed and ready for installation
- Maintains accurate labor, time, and production records
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Cleans work area at the end of the shift
- May preform other duties as needed
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED) and/or equivalent work experience
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations as they relate to wire assembly.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to read and interpret blue prints, electrical and mechanical prints.
- Ability and willingness to work Overtime, flexible shifts and weekends.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No