Customer Order and Data Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
Charleroi, PA, United States
23 days ago
Job Description SummaryExecute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements. This work would include mechanical and/or electrical engineering for all products
- Developing in-depth knowledge of low voltage schematics as they pertain to high voltage circuit breakers.
- In-depth understanding of key business drivers; uses this understanding to accomplish own work. In-depth understanding of how work of own team integrates with other teams and contributes to the area.
- Uses some level of judgment and has ability to propose different solutions outside of set parameters but with guidance. Uses prior experience and on-the-job training to solve straightforward tasks. Has access to technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions
- Utilize business systems to receive a customer specification, translate the specification to schematics and bills of material, and provide this information to production in a timely manner free from errors.
- Maintain a digital tool that involves database maintenance as well as programming logic in order to generate a Bill of Materials given user input
- Participate in Phase-In Phase-Out reviews and manage product phasing
- Investigate and evaluate current state of the product configurator, understand cross-functional needs of product within the factory, define opportunities for improvement, and create a project plan. The goal of the project is to refine, improve, simplify, and evolve the product configurator for Dead Tank Circuit Breakers to meet factory growth demands in products, options, and function of the tool
- Develop/incorporate routing in the product configurator for SAP, BOM, and MES systems as required.
- Writes rules, guidelines, and operating procedures necessary for product configurator use.
- Train, coach, and develop additional users for product configurator in the future.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering (or Associate's degree in Electrical or mechanical with a minimum of 6 years of relevant experience)
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant experience related to data analysis, bills of materials, manufacturing, project management, and/or product design
- Strong SAP experience
- Good understanding of product configurations, R&D Engineering, Planning, Sales, Contract engineering, and Manufacturing.
- High voltage and Dead tank circuit breaker knowledge
- Minimum of 1 year with ProEngineer design and AutoCAD
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience
- Experience in project management, planning, activity follow-up.
- Experience in MS Office software including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint.
- Experience working cooperatively and effectively in a team environment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes