Job Description SummaryLead Services Sales Specialist is a facing role responsible for GSI-SER growth in the MEA region. Accountable for the GSI-SER order intake, margin, cash and tender quality KPIs of assigned territory. As a part of GSI MEA Commercial Team, the role has significant control/influence over commercial priorities. High levels of Commercial judgement are required to achieve outcomes required.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develops the business based on a good customer relationship and making spec-in for future business opportunities, identifies new opportunities to develop GSI-SER for business growth. Is responsible for the pacing of GSI-SER OP inline with the KPIs set by the management.
- Is a solution finder to define the strategy for preparation, submission, and negotiation of winning offers. Explores alternatives (technical solutions, sourcing, innovative content ...) allowing to differentiate our proposal, and defends these alternatives in front of the customer.
- Leads site visits with support functions (OTR, FS, EHS...) while building the technical solution. Manages information flow between internal and external stakeholders during proposal development. Ensure the offer is inline with customer expectations & internal KPIs.
- Drives the technical and commercial activities for AIS/GIS RME projects, Service scope for HVDC/FACTS (either supporting green field HVDC/FACTS projects or upgrade, LTMC of existing IB).
- Formulates and executes proposal strategy and sales agreements.
- Formulates deal structure, pricing, proposal development. Participate customer negotiations, with the support of other functions.
- Makes the risk assessment and define measures to minimize the risks identified. Ensures Operational & Technical risks and opportunities are properly identified, registered, and mitigated with the support of Grid Solution experts.
- Ensures and lead the reviews and validation for the project bid and the implementation of the decisions made.
- Together with Sourcing and Supplying entities, optimizes project Cash Out.
- Is accountable for the vetting of the Compliance with the GSI-SER instructions, with the Customer T&C and Technical specification. Gets, aligns, and supports optimization and competitiveness of the technical offers and costing from GS supplying entities. Challenges the Division of Responsibility between internal and external stakeholders to generate the most optimized solution.
- Complies with the Policy 5.0., with the Project Tender process, with EHS rules and all other work instructions and processes applicable to the establishment of GSI-SER proposals.
- Hands-over won deals to OTR, with support from ComOps
- Leads win / loss analysis for key deals for continuous improvements of our solutions/ customer approach.
- Uses judgment to make decisions or solve moderately complex tasks or problems within projects, product lines, markets, sales processes, campaigns, or customers. Takes new perspective on existing solutions. Uses technical experience and expertise for data analysis to support recommendations. Full compliance with GE Integrity Policies.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college.
- Demonstrable of experience in a Grid Solutions Service business.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Grid Solutions Service sales and proposal building.
- Willingness to travel 40% plus.
- Have demonstrable experience in dealing with customers, both technically and commercially at all levels within a business
- High active listening skills
- Expertise required in tender management, flexibility, and resilience to support teams.
- Autonomous and "do er' spirit.
- "Hands' on" profile to take part to cost estimations and do the max.to win the deal.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of the Grid Solutions business & products and of EPC turnkey
- Operational rigor
- Strong business acumen, leadership, discipline in managing the day-to-day business.
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to work in international and matrix organizations.
- English mandatory, other languages in the region are appreciated (Arabic and French is a plus).
#LI-Remote - This is a remote position
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes