Windfarm Control System Commissioning Engineer
GE Renewable Energy
Boston, MA, United States
Job Description Summary
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability. We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
- During project development, he/she works in cooperation with project and engineering teams to define execution strategy, project milestones and build/review Customer and contract requirements in scope of the WF Control System commissioning.
- Based on Customer and Project requirements and on GE product specifications, he/she is responsible for providing the appropriate Method Statements, Work Instructions and test procedures to be used during project execution.
- Build the project execution roadmap in scope of Control System commissioning, as well as resources requirements (internal or sub-contracting) to meet project milestones.
- During project execution, he/she coordinates with engineering the required deliveries and lab tests to comply with the Customer and Project requirements.
- Verifies and validates Control System commissioning documentation against Customer and Project requirements.
- Verifies and validates studies, test reports and any documentation originated from internal teams and external stakeholders, to meet Customer and Project requirements.
- Leads on site commissioning during project execution (onshore and offshore) and wind-farm final acceptance with technical field team to deliver scope of work.
- Interfaces with Customer or any 3rd Parties to plan, prepare and lead all site activities during the different project phases whether onshore or offshore.
- Issues the final red marked up drawings and documentation for as-build purpose. These documents are part of hand-over to Customer and Operation & Maintenance.
- Provides trainings and guidance to field technicians in his/her field of expertise.
- Provides support either on site or remotely to field technicians and/or Customer.
- Ensures any Changes, Non- Quality, Punch List items and/or Customer Variation Orders are executed using GE processes.
- Ensures documentation is properly managed as per the project management and quality plan.
- Provides regular reports on progress status and minimize variations of the validation and verification plan.
- Takes part to tender quotation request in his/her scope of WF Control System commissioning.
- Comply with EHS policy
- Implement and enforce EHS policy within its area
- Master’s degree in industrial computer or electronic or embedded system from an accredited College or University
- German or French or Spanish
- Writing verification & validation test plan
- Network: routed environment, VLANs, knowledge of industrial protocols (e.g. IEC-61850, IEC-60870-5-104, Modbus TCP, Profinet)
- Cybersecurity basics
- SCADA and real time systems
- Power plant power regulation: closed loop regulation and Grid Code Compliance testing
- Experience in industrial project with multinational team and subcontractor workforce management
- Experience in wind industry, preferably offshore
- Field experience is a plus
- Knowledge of GE products (e.g. MarkVI, ToolBoxST, WindSCADA…)
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No