Job Description SummaryYou will be working as a Commercial Leader within the GE Renewables Commercial Operations department for GE’s Offshore Wind business. This role will have responsibility for a range of deals in the United States with various customers. This position is based out of Boston MA or Schenectady NY.
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability. We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
Why we come to work:
Driven and ambitious, our Sales teams are well-equipped to be on the front line, closing deals, meeting commercial objectives, and working with our customers day in, day out. They’re smart people, entrusted with the autonomy to make great decisions and deliver their passion. If you’re looking for a sales role where you can be truly proud of what you’re selling, where your driven nature can be put to good use, and where you can build genuine, strong relationships with customers and colleagues alike, then bring your skills to our Sales teams. You’ll enjoy the tremendous satisfaction of being part of a team making a change for good.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Deliver the commercial strategy and lead the overall proposal development. Build, prepare and negotiate commercial offers (to include the preparation of terms and conditions and internal costing information) as well as supporting development of the technical offer
- Perform value optimization on deals accounting for competitive situation;
- Mobilize multi-functional teams including Legal, Commercial Finance, Risk and Engineering functions to build the commercial & technical offer;
- Present the deal risk profile of the offer to the business and obtain the necessary approvals to bid;
- Present the offer to the customer; take responsibility for drafting and negotiating the commercial and technical terms;
- Support achievement of Commercial Team metrics related to orders and margins;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience
- Contemporary leadership skills including with virtual project teams
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills; integrative team working style
- Good communication skills and confidence with executive level and customer presentations
- Strong process analysis, problem solving, and strategy development skills
- Customer oriented
- Business acumen and strategic thinking
- Ability to make decisions in the face of limited or conflicting data
- Ability to interact at all levels of the organization
- Entrepreneurial spirit -Willingness and ability to travel and work intensively during negotiation period
- Fluent in English in speaking and writing
- Enthusiasm for technology and renewable energy
- Experience in the field of negotiating high value contracts would be a strong advantage.
- Experience in Sales, Contracts, Customer Service in renewable energy industry or in the offshore / marine industries.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: Yes