Global Product Manager - Industrial, Microgrid, and Power Generation Solutions
GE Renewable Energy
Boston, MA, United States
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryThe Global Product Manager for Industrial, Microgrid, and Power Generation has the mission to contribute to Grid Automation (GA) growth by leading the Advanced Automation and Control Strategy for the Industrial, Microgrid, Power Generation, and Renewable Integration segments. These offerings include the GridNode, utility and power generation, platform and the PowerNode, industrial, platform. Building competitive offerings meeting customer needs and executing an effective go-to-market strategy. The role reports to the Global Product Leader Distribution, Industrial, and Power Generation.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and
services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
- Develop and execute a GA’s Microgrid, Industrial, Power Generation, and Renewable Integration solutions and services strategy for the GridNode and PowerNode Platforms.
- Develop customer and regional connections to capture critical features and enhancements required to build a customer centric roadmap
- Own the GridNode and PowerNode go to market strategy including pricing, revenue, and growth plans with a focus of segmentation, scalability, pricing, and business model innovation.
- Actively engage our customers to understand their key KPIs, challenges, market trends, and competition to build and prioritize strategic product and solution roadmaps that solve our customers’ needs and drive innovation and value.
- Develop regional partners for the execution of our strategy to expand our value chain, competitive advantage, solution flexibility and speed to market.
- Own and Define the User Experience of the software offerings to meet the customer and regional expectations.
- Be responsible for following the NPI Process and ensuring that all the requirements are achieved.
- Work collaboratively with Global Commercial and Regions leaders on the development and execution of sales channel and services strategies.
- Understand all customer touch points and customer impacts from the beginning of the ITO process to the end OTR and aftermarket service and support and develop and drive a strategy for product lifecycle support as well as project execution strategy and requirements.
- Define segmented value propositions for our customers that align with their challenges and goals.
- Understand and analyze the competitive landscape
- Partner and collaborate with other GE businesses to align solutions, optimize end to end value, and grow internal orders for the GridNode and PowerNode solutions.
- Collaborate with the Center of Excellence to develop demonstration platforms and provide clarity on our solutions.
- Partner with the Grid Automations Marketing team to develop marketing material, sales collateral, and drive a marketing strategy to support the growth and market visibility of the offerings including promotion across global industry events, conferences, and tradeshows
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
- Minimum 10 years of experience in product management and/or product marketing.
- Experience in software and/or controls development, product management, and/or sales
- Knowledge and experience in the electrical utility and industrial segments.
- Ability to work effectively across functions, regions, and cultures.
- Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills, customer focused, enthusiastic.
- Willingness and ability to travel as required.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in industry related sales, marketing, sales, and/or product management
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Deep understanding of the energy and ancillary services markets
- Experience and knowledge of SaaS and EaaS business models
- Previous Experience in the launching of successful control and/or software solutions
- Strong business acumen and commercial savvy.
- Strong customer service and entrepreneurial mindset
- Strong leadership skills
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No