Sr Sales Manager - Sales and Proposal
GE Renewable Energy
Bismarck, ND, United States
22 days ago
Job Description SummaryIn this role, the individual will leverage their domain expertise to develop and execute a commercial strategy to grow our projects and services business within North America. They will be responsible for shaping the strategy or products and services, working closely with the execution teams and supporting the commercial team to position our services offerings to our customers.
Grid Solutions, a GE Renewable Energy business, serves customers globally with over 12,000 employees. We provide power utilities and industries worldwide with equipment, systems, and
services to bring power reliably and efficiently from the point of generation to end power consumers. We are focused on addressing the challenges of the energy transition by enabling the
safe and reliable connection of renewable and distributed energy resources to the grid. For more about GE’s Grid Solutions, visit https://www.gegridsolutions.com.
- Working with various Service departments within our business to create a detailed strategy and execution plan helping to grow the services business in North America
- Work in partnership with the Sales Managers to execute the plan and drive growth with our customer base.
- Use domain expertise to help guide customers to the right service and solution packages.
- Develop detailed service & support proposals for customers projects.
- Build direct relationships with customers and act as a resource for service and support questions. Creating trust and partnerships with our customers.
- Develop and cultivate long-term relationships with new and existing engineering and consulting firms.
- Lead technical presentations and present to customers in support of sales or service.
- Work directly with consulting firms to influence technical specifications and support sales team on key projects.
- Support the development of new leads and market opportunities.
- Provide an essential link from the consultant to marketing, engineering and product development teams
- Partner with peers and management to enhance selling techniques and approaches in line with both the growth objectives and Grid Automation’s initiatives
- Provide market dynamics input such as competitive intelligence and industry trends to the Marketing and Business teams
- Prepare and present technical presentations, white papers, and case studies at industry conferences
- Be accountable for meeting or exceeding the orders, sales, and margin targets
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university OR equivalent experience with at least 4 years of experience in Service and Services Project Management.
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
- Networking and communication expertise
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and interact with all levels of customers
- Work efficiently without direct supervision
- Self-starter, positive attitude, committed to the success of the business
- Strong creative and problem-solving skills
- Flexible and adaptable; open to change and modification of tasks
- Able to share ideas and work well in a team environment
- Proactive approach to tasks - displays initiative
- Strong organizational & communication skills and a proactive and open approach to conflict resolution
- Customer focused attitude with proven positive results
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No