Job Description SummaryAt GE Grid Solutions we are electrifying the world with advanced grid technologies. As leaders in the energy space, our goal is to accelerate the transition for a more energy efficient grid to full fill the needs with tomorrow. With a focus on growth and sustainability, GE Grid Solutions plays a pivotable role in integrating Renewables onto the grid to drive to carbon neutral. In Grid Solutions we help enable the transition for a greener more reliable Grid. GE Grid Solutions has the most advanced and comprehensive product and solutions portfolio within the energy sector.
As GRID GSI Project Sustainability Manager you will be responsible for leading and managing the environmental and sustainability programs and approaches of the GSI Business line under supervision of Customer Projects Sustainability Lead.
GRID GSI projects consist of Grid installation products on different execution scope, like Turnkey project, consortium partner EPC. From Civil Work to end commissioning for Onshore and offshore activities for a GRID business around the world.
- As Project Sustainability Manager , you will be driving project sustainability management plan in areas GHG reduction & Product Circularity as well as LCA/EPD.
- You follow external requirements closely and evaluate them in the context of projects and provide benchmark analyses (e.g. eco-design regulation, EU Circular Economy regulation, Standards & Best Practices )
- In co-operation with internal stakeholders, you conduct materiality assessment across business line and Assist Customer Projects Sustainability lead formulate sustainability strategy in alignment with wider GE & Global frameworks on Sustainability.
- Deploy Sustainability Management Plans for GSI projects with the sustainability guidelines, processes & frameworks for Contractors and Works.
- Track and report progress on deployed GRID GSI specific Sustainability strategy, to Customer Projects Sustainability Lead, Central team and key stakeholders.
- You ensure the establishment of reliable processes to guarantee the quality of data for sustainability reporting.
- Foster employee engagement and educate and inspire internal and external stakeholders on Sustainability.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Master’s degree in a relevant field with a technical orientation (e.g. Environmental engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering or a comparable qualification) from an accredited college or university
- Very strong experience leading ESG & Sustainability programs and operationalization from an international organization, preferably in an industrial and manufacturing space.
- You have at least five years of experience in Project & Process Management in a global, multi-stakeholder matrix organization, engaging very different colleagues and stakeholders and effectively influence for impact.
- You already have relevant practical experience in the areas of circular economy, eco-design & life cycle assessment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills; integrative team working style, able to work into a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to occasionally travel to meet customers and other stakeholders.
- Fluent in German and English; French would be a plus.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No