Plant engineer - Design Resource (m/f/d)
GE Renewable Energy
10 days ago
Job Description SummaryGE Renewable – Grid Systems Integration product line is globally recognized for designing, manufacturing, and delivering customized High Voltage Direct Current (HVDC) solutions for utilities worldwide. With over 130 years of pioneering experience, GE offers two HVDC technologies, Line Commutated Converters (LCC) and Voltage Source Converters (VSC), to support a broad range of applications and deployable in different schemes including overhead line (point to point), back-to-back, submarine/land cable and offshore.
Every HVDC solution is tailored and designed based on a project-by-project assessment of the customers' individual requirements, whether it's for connecting offshore wind generation, long distance power transmission, or energy trading between independent networks.
Within this cross-centers and multicultural organization, the plant engineer is responsible to design optimized HVDC substation layouts that integrate all the required equipment considering their installation, operation, and maintenance constraints. He can intervene either during Intent To Order and/or Order To Remittance stages. He will report directly to center engineering team leader and functionally to the project plant team leader.
Qualifications and Skills
- Design, preparation, and review of indoor/outdoor equipment layout includes general arrangement, civil interface/civil guides drawing, and installation (erection) drawings for AIS/GIS substations.
- Define and review the electrical/maintenance clearances for indoor/outdoor substation areas.
- Design, preparation, and review of cable trenches, cable tray/ladder and conduits routing for overall substation.
- Design optimized substation & buildings layouts integrating all the required equipment considering their installation, operation, and maintenance constraints
- Support the Civil/building services leader in preparation of HVA/C ducts routing layout, fire protection/alarms etc. related drawing.
- Prepare design specification of HV/MV connectors, conductors, Insulator and support project plan lead in producing procurement inquiry packages.
- Support conversion of project contractual documents into plant engineering requirements
- Support answers to client, partners & suppliers technical queries related to plant engineering
- Support projects design and gate reviews
- Support continuous improvement within plant engineering discipline
Qualifications and Skills
- A bachelor’s degree in electrical/mechanical engineering or related discipline
- Strong knowledge on High Voltage substation international standards & guidelines (IEC, CIGRE…), local standards (DIN…) and related equipment
- Proficient with Autodesk CAD tools Revit, Autodesk Construction Cloud
- Good understanding of onshore civil engineering and offshore platform design and requirements
- Basic knowledge on contract and project management, Engineering, Procurement and Construction (EPC), or Engineering equipment package (EEP) type
- Analytical mind, rigorous and commitment
- Professional English spoken and written, solid German skills
What we offer:
- Working in an international team within Grid Systems Integration based in Berlin or Dresden.
- A key role in a dynamic, international working environment with a large degree of flexibility of work agreements (incl. 2 to 3 days working from home per week)
- Competitive benefits, and great development opportunities.
At GE, we know inclusion and diversity make us more competitive and help create value for our customers, investors, and employees. We believe that fostering an inclusive culture empowers everyone to do their best work because they feel accepted, respected, and that they belong.