Job Description SummaryWe are looking for a self-motivated service engineer in power electronics able to manage service contracts, site activities and to support/participate in commissioning of FACTS & HVDC equipment.
Key position in GE Grid Solutions' Service OTR organization you will be responsible to lead technical portion of multi-year service contracts, to support customers located in different countries and to be part of a community of experts able to support global customers on high technology equipment.
GE FACTS and HVDC solutions includes:
- SVC, Static Var Compensation
- FSC, Fix Series Compensation
- SC, Synchronous Condenser
- STATCOM, Static Compensation
- LCC HVDC, High Voltage Direct Current
- VSC HVDC (Onshore & Offshore)
- Perform and lead maintenance, onsite activities, technical support on FACTS or HVDC transmission systems.
- Manage preparations for site activities in coordination with end customer.
- Perform commissioning activities on FACTS or HVDC transmission systems.
- Lead technical portion on service contracts running over several years
- Attend and lead customer meetings, identify solutions that meet needs.
- Knowledge and ability to carry out FACTS projects of minor renovations/upgrades.
- Support ITO team as needed during tenders for the technical part.
- Preparation of Commissioning documentation in ITO & OTR, as needed.
- Technical knowledge and site experiences on switching equipment, harmonic filters and instrumentation transformers.
- Technical knowledge and site experiences on FACTS equipment (with Thyristor and IGBT), knowledge of rotating machines is a plus.
- Technical knowledge and site experiences on commissioning of protection relays.
- Technical knowledge and site experiences on troubleshooting, with the use of network recorders and/or analyzers.
- Technical Knowledge and ability to resolve incidents on site and to analyze logs and curves.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and solve problems.
- Ability to document, write reports, and plan site activities.
- Notions of project management.
- Management of on-site teams.
- Strong customer management skills, especially on site during an incident.
- Ability to work in a team and to share knowledge and experience with colleagues: strong “Team player”
- Good ability and culture in EHS, Ability to strictly apply EHS rules during site incident or under pressure by Customer.
- Engineering degree or “house engineer” in power electronic.
- Strong engineering background and technical understanding of power electronics
- Minimum 5 years of experience in an equivalent position.
- Minimum 5 years of experience on drives or FACTS or HVDC equipment (valves + control + Protections)
- Availability to travel up to 50%
- Language and communication skills (fluent in German & English).
What we offer:
- Working in an international team within Grid Systems Integration based in Berlin or Dresden.
- A key role in a dynamic, international working environment
- Appealing salary according to tariff regulations, monthly performance allowance
Extensive professional development opportunities in an international and future-oriented environment
Permanent work contract
Nice colleagues, flat hierarchies and a pleasant working atmosphere and corporate culture
Relocation Assistance Provided: No