Lead Information Manager (m(f/d)
GE Renewable Energy
30+ days ago
Job Description SummaryGE HVDC is moving towards a digitally integrated way of working, centralised around data and technology that connects a variety of systems and stakeholders, with the perspective that all work products (models, designs, documents, diagrams, drawings, etc.) generated during the performance of any HVDC system life cycle activities are represented by underlying sets of data and information.
Data and information in these sets need to be accessible and shared between organisations and project management and engineering management tools used within the business organisation and its customers and suppliers. This sharing will help to ensure consistency, correctness, and completeness of work products developed across all HVDC system life cycle stages and support standardisation and interoperability.
A Lead Information Manager's role is to ensure that GE HVDC provides the information required to manage the project, assets, and processes effectively. That this information is produced in an efficient and effective first-time-right delivery throughout the execution of the portfolio of projects, and that it is fit for purpose at the handover to the customer.
Project Information Lead
Create, communicate, and update the Project Information Management Plan (PIP) that defines the particulars and deviations for that project, following the rules and guidance set out in the business Information Strategy.
Raise emergent deviations that develop during a project with the HVDC Engineering Quality team as a process deviation.
Create and operate GE’s Common Data Environment (CDE) encompassing all data needs, manage communication with customers’ CDE and Customer’s Document Delivery System (CDDS) and support a population of +100 users from project management, engineering and other functions, in their performance of information management activities around a data centred execution method.
Act as focal point for functional support and new business requirements for GE organisation.
Coordinate with other Engineering and Operations functions the creation and execution of the BIM Execution Plan (BEP), Master Document Register (MDR), Object Type Library (OTL) Implementation Plan and Reference Designation Plan in compliance with the relevant international standards.
Arranging Information Management System training and learning needs.
Ensure the metrics produced by the project provide an accurate reflection of project information status and exchanges against the established requirements
Act as Single Point of Contact (SPoC) with the customers in all the information management system needs.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Successfully completed university diploma with specialization in information management or equivalent strong work experience.
- Proven direct or indirect practical experience in developing and managing information management systems, following the good practices instituted by ISO, IEC, VGB or other equivalent professional body.
- Self-motivating, proactive and results driven approach.
- Curious, resilient and willing to learn.
- Able to work to deadlines with high quality, sense of urgency and delivery.
- Focused on delivering value to customers.
- Strong problem-solving and root cause identification skills.
Preferably educated with a Master of Engineering, IT or science degree from an accredited institution or equivalent knowledge or professional experience.
TECHNICAL DOMAIN COMPETENCIES
PROFICIENT in the following areas: Information Systems, CAD design/engineering, Document management, Product Life cycle management
TECHNICAL DOMAIN TOOLS
PROFICIENT in: Product Lifecycle Management (PTC Windchill or equivalent), Building Information Management (Autodesk BIM360 or equivalent), Cross platform connectors (e.g. Autodesk to PTC).
- Communications: Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Critical Thinking: Capable of structuring defendable arguments, evidence, assumptions and decisions.
- Ethics and Professionalism: Personal commitment to professional standards, recognising obligations to society, the profession and the environment.
- Technical Leadership: understanding of customer need, problem solving, creativity and innovation, relationship management, operational oversight and accountability.
- Negotiation: capable of resolving points of difference, to gain advantage for an individual or collective, or crafting outcomes to satisfy various interests.
- Team Dynamics and Facilitation: Ability to be a team player and to facilitate multicultural groups interactions.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No