HVDC Lead Interface Manager
GE Renewable Energy
8 days ago
Job Description SummaryGE HVDC is moving towards a digitally integrated way of working, centralised around data and technology that connects a variety of systems and stakeholders, with the perspective that all work products (models, designs, documents, diagrams, drawings, etc.) generated during the performance of any HVDC system life cycle activities are represented by underlying sets of data and information.
Data and information in these sets need to be accessible and shared between organisations and project management and engineering management tools used within the business organisation and its customers and suppliers. This sharing will help to ensure consistency, correctness, and completeness of work products developed across all HVDC system life cycle stages and support standardisation and interoperability.
As Interface Manager, he/she will be responsible to manage interfaces between GE, consortia partners, customer, contractors and third parties. Building and managing effective relationships across multiple interfaces to achieve optimum performance outcomes. Identifying and managing technical and commercial risks related to the scope of work and coordinating closely with planning and technical disciplines.
- Manage the interfaces between the project and third parties contributing to optimal development and program set up for successful procurement and delivery.
- Coordinate with internal and external stakeholders across regions and sites. Resolving issues and conflicting requirements in a timely manner
- Manage the interface between the project and third parties in the delivery and commissioning of the project
- Engage with key third party stakeholders effected by project works to understand their needs and concerns, taking measures to maintain effective relationships throughout the project
- Contribute to the development of the operations and management control system, and the interface with third party systems and operations
- Contribute to the development of an Interface Management Plan, monitoring and co-ordinating implementation
- Contribute to the project schedule of works and progress monitoring throughout the project
- Provide input and solutions which allow for minimal third party impact, whilst maintaining commercially effective project delivery
- Maintain effective relationships with third parties in order to avoid disputes and commercial compensation claims
- Produce and maintain appropriate, standardized documents and regular reporting to the senior management and other stakeholders reflecting key issues, resolutions, and performance to enable them to effectively understand risks and impacts on the project
- Ensure a collaborative approach is maintained across the team to facilitate the planning and delivery of interface works, ensuring all issues are clearly understood by teams and addressed, and appropriate interventions developed and implemented
- Actively and routinely promote the identification of hazards and EHS risks in own area of operation and objects of design. Provide insight to leaders, customers and colleagues with respect to own safety and systems and product integrity.
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s, Master’s or another relevant degree in Electrical Engineering or similar discipline;
- Strong work experience with big and complex projects preferably in oil & gas, energy or offshore (wind)
- PMP Certification or equivalent
- Successful experience in a matrix and international environment
- Ability and interest to deep-dive into complex analytical issues; mastery of MS Office tools (e.g., Excel) to support these analytics is required;
- Excellent coordination and cooperation skills; a team player who is willing and able to work with others to solve problems and share knowledge;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English and German;
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Like the rest of our team, you should be dedicated to renewable energy and enjoy working in a dynamic, international team. As a person, you have a structured, analytical, and critical approach to your work. You are self-driven, easy-going, and enjoy interacting with a wide variety of stakeholders at all levels.
- Willingness and ability to travel.
Relocation Assistance Provided: No