Job Description SummaryThe product is at the heart of our business and this role will play a vital part in defining our product strategy at GE Offshore Wind. An analytical mindset is needed to continuously challenge the Offshore Wind Product/Technology Strategy by using external data and the overall Offshore Wind lifecycle value chain. As part of this role, the person will interact with senior management within GE’s organization as well as the required functional levels, and external partners to develop a competitive and profitable product strategy.
GE Renewable Energy is one of the world's leading offshore wind energy companies, with a portfolio of offshore wind turbines ranging from 6 MW to 14 MW that offer increased value to customers with proven performance, reliability, efficiency and availability.
We have invested more than $400 million to develop the Haliade-X, an investment that will also drive down offshore wind farms’ levelized cost of energy, helping make offshore wind energy more competitive for our customers. The Haliade-X was the industry’s first 14MW offshore wind turbine to operate, and is the only 12+MW offshore wind turbine platform that has been operating for over two years, specifically at its Rotterdam prototype site.
- Provide the product market view to help establish the strategic plan for Offshore wind.
- Collects and analyses market information and industry trends to provide a factual and analytically rooted base for the Offshore wind product strategy.
- Develop market segmentation and establishes positioning strategies in collaboration with product owners and commercial teams.
- Lead strategic initiatives and early feasibility studies.
- Develops and maintains a clear overview of competitor products, their anticipated moves and potential impact to GE. Uses this perspective to recommend growth strategies.
- Supports the pricing leaders with management of a full-lifecycle economic model reflecting the financial of a complete offshore project to calculate the lifecycle cost of energy (LCOE).
- Support the product managers and Engineering teams when making technology trade-offs and developing business cases linked to the strategy of offshore wind product lines.
- Build strong relationships with customers, external stakeholders such as WindEurope and local industry bodies and regular engages with them on GE’s offshore development.
- Continuously monitors the product portfolio to meet the needs of markets. Owns TG1 and TG2 for any new product development.
- Lead product commercialization and product marketing related initiatives
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in engineering, Business Administration, Marketing or related area from an accredited college or university discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant engineering, product management, marketing or commercial experience
- Deep expertise in the Wind industry, Knowledge about wind turbine physics, wind market dynamics & economics
- Strong analytical and strategic mind-set. Able to navigate complexity, develop clear actions, drive impact and quickly move from details to the holistic view
- Strong business acumen and global mindset
- Excellent communicator – able to communicate in clear, concise manner with customers, cross-functional teams and senior leaders.
- Fluent in English (written & oral)
- Proven experience in processing data using large and complex worksheets
Relocation Assistance Provided: No