Job Description SummaryIndirect sourcing Leader will work closely with assigned Sourcing Manager as the local owner for assigned segment(s). These responsibilities include the execution of strategies to ensure realization of the business objectives specific to Indirect Sourcing responsibilities aligning with Corporate guidelines. Supporting negotiations with main suppliers, reducing cost and improvement payment conditions are some of the main responsibilities. Driving compliance and fulfilment across ONW indirect supplier base with approximately 70 M$ spend base.
Proactively lead the deployment of the global sourcing strategies at the local level to meet overall deflation and productivity objectives within the assigned locations. Fully accountable for successfully meeting deflation, cash and usage targets for assigned locations.
Execute regional cost reduction projects that support the global projects through contract negotiation, process changes, and implementation of sustainable cost controls, including collaboration with Finance to validate the impact of projects to the general ledger, utilizing iSave and other tools.
Develop and execute long term, local/regional strategies to align with business plans and objectives within various sub-commodities across GE.
Manage / actively support tactical execution of ONW projects, escalations due to delivery / quality issues, invoicing / payable issues, database management, improve payment terms, assist internal customers with SOW development through to PO execution (as necessary).
Drive use of GE Preferred Suppliers and work with Sourcing Leaders and Category Management teams to communicate demand for goods or services not currently addressed by GE Preferred Suppliers.
Participate in GE Sourcing initiatives to leverage best practices; partner with Business Sourcing, Category Management and other Sourcing Leaders to maximize synergies and global supplier management.
Enforce business policies to meet business targets and customer needs, including improving procurement processes and optimizing Sourcing resources to enhance the customer experience with Sourcing.
Engage with Category management sourcing and Local Business leaders to leverage volume and combine strategies on deflation and cash improvements for all suppliers.
Support sourcing leader to build up metrics and contribute to reach excellence of metrics. Prepare S2/OP Plan for each year.
Share best practices where opportunities arise across other GE businesses.
Nature and scope of responsibilities exercised:
Responsibilities and leeway
- Individual contributor with a strong internal stakeholder network. Good understanding of different markets.
Description of signficiant working relationship
- Collaboration and coordination with main stakeholders and budget owners (Engineering, Plant leaders, FM and Warehousing leaders and Finance).
- Suppliers network with main suppliers for this area
Specific professional skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Engineering or Technical Degree from an accredited university or college
- Expected 5 years Sourcing, Logistics, Engineering, Quality, or Manufacturing experience
- Excellent English communication skills
- Strong customer service and results oriented mindset
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, ERP applications
- Demonstrated leadership and technical aptitude
- Ability to organize, assess, prioritize tasks, milestones and deliverable.
- Team player & can-do attitude.
- Analytical skills and self-starter with strong attention to detail
- Strong stakeholder engagement and communications skills to interact effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Ability to own and drive initiatives independently with attention to detail and strong result orientation
- Ability to navigate and challenge status quo in a complex, multi-cultural matrix organization
Relocation Assistance Provided: No