Job Description SummaryReporting to the Operations Manager, you will be primarily responsible for Project management from project handover and/or assignment up to project closure (including cash, financial and other contract management closures). The Safety, Environment and Health will be the core aspect in managing the day to day and other assigned tasks.
You will be Responsible and accountable for the management, execution and profitability of the projects assigned within the Asia Pacific (APAC) region within the established company policies & regulations and local laws & regulations. You will be based in Thailand, and will be expected but not limited to Planning, Leading, Managing, Coordinating and Execution of Projects for GE VERNOVA - GE Grid Solutions INDO CHINA (Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, Cambodia, Myanmar). However, based on the business needs and development, your role may expand to other countries within APAC as an when required; this will also include your expansion of responsibilities to perform other tasks deemed necessary.
You will also be required to be an essential contributor and provide necessary tendering and sales support during RFQ and/or equivalent phases.
In your part, you will be required to manage and execute contracts. You shall be the focal point post projects hand over; responsible in providing adequate and precise knowledge and/or information regarding the contractual scope for delivery, claims management, warranty, etc throughout the project time line and/or after project closure when necessary. You will be responsible to coordinate and pilot the necessary actions with the pool of resources available in the organization including management tools such as SPEAK (complaint, non-conformity, etc.), SMARTSHEET, etc.
As part of your execution responsibility, you shall also oversee the logistics, sourcing, finance, etc. requirements with the necessary stake holders and supporting functions such as sourcing leaders, controllership, etc.
- General Project Manager Role - planning, control, tracking, installation, maintenance & Testing, and commissioning.
- Accountable for the profit and loss of the assigned project. You will be required to present the necessary reviews on financial and operational status as and when required (Establish, prepare, and present PMR – project management review).
- Project Planning to ensure efficient project execution complying to the company strict standards on safety, quality, timely deliverables, etc. within the budget.
o Establish communication and notification processes (slide decks, workflow, email, etc.)
o Establish Project Schedule
o Execution, Implementation and Establishment of EHS workflow where necessary (complying to the company policies, local laws & regulation, etc.)
o Establishing procurement plan to ensure smooth project execution in timely manner with quality within cost.
o Creating and delivering scope-specific work plans and budgets, alongside risk assessments.
o Identify evaluate risk and opportunity. Implement and ensure necessary mitigation actions.
o Delivering Project Financial results: Sales & Margin, billing, and cash flow -collection and cash out
- Providing cost-effective execution of project milestones in accordance with contract specifications and quality standards to maintain and improve project margin.
- Managing and coordinating with customers/contractors in project execution in line with GE project management handbook
- Executing projects in accordance with GE Grid process and core values of safety and integrity
- Building strong relationships with customers and stakeholders
- Drive Customer Quality complaints & Non-conformity of Product and/or Services with different stake holders on root cause analysis and resolution process
- Report/resolve any non-conformances and process in a timely manner.
- Demonstrate EHS and compliance ensuring Zero Deviation
- Identifies and evaluate EHS and compliance risks and proposes practical measures.
- To secure Variations Orders & negotiating claims with customer & sub-contractors
- Assist tendering/sales with Return of Experience
- On-Time Project delivery complying to strict safety standards and within budget
- Accuracy of Project Sales, Margin, Cash Flow, Opportunity and Risk Planning and Escalation
- Customer satisfaction
- Secure Variation Orders on projects
- Customer Management e.g., Scope management, Complaints Resolution etc..
- Project Optimization
Qualifications / Requirements:
Ø Bachelor of Electrical/Electronic Engineering
Ø Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in Project Management (Graduates with >1 year experience can be considered)
Ø Knowledge of Grid Products such as Gas Insulated switchgear (GIS), Air Insulated switchgear (AIS), Power Transformers, protection relays and Substation system will be an added advantage.
Ø Knowledge of MS Office, SAP, and Microsoft projects
Ø Proven ability to lead & manage mid/large scale simple projects.
Ø Experience on managing Utility Projects will be an advantage.
Ø Proactive work style, creativity, energetic & self-motivator with latest industry trends and knowledge
Ø Ability to deliver results under pressure to meet tight timeline.
Ø Willing to Travel – local & overseas (estimated travel 30% of the time).
Ø Unyielding commitment to integrity and GE values
Ø Strong oral and written communication skills
Desired Characteristics :
Dynamic, independent, good communication skills, willingness to learn & adapt
Relocation Assistance Provided: No