Job Description SummaryThe mission of the Sourcing Cost Management leader is to lead a transparent and clear path to target in terms of cost productivity to be delivered by the sourcing function to the business.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The Sourcing cost management leader will:
- Create and maintain a robust cost management system and associated dashboard to give transparent and accurate visibility on all the sourcing initiatives managed to reach the target for the department on Direct Materials.
- Lead Continuous Improvement activities to learn from our performance each month with proper root cause analysis and counter measures follow up on our biggest margin erosions.
- Supporting the execution of cost optimization initiatives such as Should Cost, Rebate Programs, Bundling as well as the leverage of our Supplier Relationship Management.
- Lead sourcing cost out initiatives and support sourcing activities related to cross functional cost-out initiatives.
- Partner with the sourcing community to identify and generate additional opportunities to improve the business financials and build the related roadmap after prioritization.
- Contribute to S&OP process
- Lead spend and GR report management
- Lead a team of 2 people
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Engineering from a reputable university
- Minimum 8 years professional Sourcing in technical industries
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems
- Established project management skills
- Financial acumen - Interpreting and applying understanding of key financial indicators to make better business decisions
- Directs work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done
- Organizational savvy - Maneuvering comfortably through complex policy, process, and people-related organizational dynamics to drive results
- Manages complexity - Making sense of complex, high quantity, and sometimes contradictory information to effectively solve problems
- Fluent in English
- Pugnacity and Rigor
- Flexibility to work with global teams and time-zone. Ability to travel globally
- Mechanical or Electrical or Industrial Engineering degree is preferred
- Experience in the Energy industry / Hydropower projects is a strong plus
Relocation Assistance Provided: No