Job Description Summary
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Includes both Supplier Quality Assurance and Supplier Quality Development. Includes supplier qualifications, action plans, audits, performance monitoring, and assisting key suppliers towards industrial standards of excellence. SQEs have various levels of differentiation which are related to level of technical understanding of engineering drawings and ability to manage vendors.
- Developing in-depth knowledge of a discipline. Uses prior experience and acquired expertise to execute functional policy/strategy.
- A job at this level is likely to be an individual contributor, with proven interpersonal skills. Communication with direct colleagues and the business about design and coordination services rendered. Provides informal guidance to new team members. Explains complex information to others in straightforward situations.
- Impacts projects, processes and procedures in own field. The role operates with some autonomy, but is focused on execution of activities/provision of advice within an enabling discipline covered by standard functional practices and procedures. Activities require professional judgment, but may require more senior levels of guidance.
- Utilizes technical expertise and judgement to solve problems. Leverages technical skills and analytic thinking required to solve problems. May use multiple internal sources outside of own team to arrive at decisions.
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering from accredited university
- Min. 5 years of experience in supplier quality insurance and/or manufacturing & engineering
- Fluent English
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
- Mechanical Engineering graduation is a plus
- Welding / NDT certification
- French / German would be an adder
- Ability to work in cross-functional and global team environments
- Strong analytical skills in supplier performance, RCA...
- Strong interpersonal skills with the availability to lead meeting in GE and on supplier side
Relocation Assistance Provided: No