Job Description SummaryResponsible for activities related to the construction, building and commissioning on customer site, from site mobilization, through civil, erection and commissioning work, as well as management activities related to this scope. Impacts quality of own work and the work of others on the team. Executes standard operational/technical tasks typically subject to instructions and work routines. There is latitude to rearrange the sequence to complete task/duties based on changing work situations.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The role requires technical knowledge of Mechanical components, its Assembly and dismantling. In this role, you are accountable for direct operations supervision, prescribed work instructions and systems checking to ensure tasks are executed within a well-defined operations framework. This includes (but not limited to):
- Identify the EHS requirements and train site workers / sub-contractors as per EHS guidelines sincerely.
- Identify the Drawings and documents related to hydro Turbine assemblies
- To prepare detailed planning of each activity of hydro Turbine assembly and its auxiliaries within the schedule’s duration with clear measurable progress parameters.
- Identify the checks, and tests to be conducted with respect to control sheets of each hydro Turbine assemblies.
- To prepare detailed resources required for each activity of Hydro Turbine assembly and its auxiliaries within the limits and reasonable backup. Identify the resources required such as manpower, tools, consumables, checks, and tests to be conducted with respect to control sheets of each Turbine assemblies
- Drawings and documents for Turbines: Review the drawings and documents; prepare the materials requirements including consumables for each Turbine activities.
- Material and consumable verification including preservation and ensuring the timely identification and notification for each Turbine assemblies assigned.
- Tools and plants, equipment, special tools, precision tools, measuring instruments. verification and ensuring the timely identification and notification for each Turbine assemblies assigned.
- Guiding the team, stage verification of activities and ensuring the works are being carried as per the drawing requirements and quality requirements for one or more Turbine assemblies assigned to individual Supervisor to ensure a high level of quality and timely completion of documentation
- Lead site safety audits, identify, review Environment, Safety and Health (EHS) requirements as per risk assessment, prepare EHS monthly reports and guide the team and ensure every individual are followed the EHS requirements for respective Turbine assemblies assigned to individual Supervisor.
- Involve in work front handling over and taking over from and to client and within inter departmental
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
- Min. 3 years of experience in Hydro Turbine Erection
- Good communication skills in English
- Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively
- Proactive approach for safe & quality work
- Knowledge of welding and machining would be an asset
- People Management skills is a plus
- Dealing with cross functional teams (engineering, sourcing, projects, field services, suppliers, and equipment manufacturers) including C&C experts and PMSI
- Growth mindset and ability to act on constructive criticism
- Genuine commitment to EHS
Relocation Assistance Provided: No