Software Engineer, Quality Assurance
30+ days ago
As the software engineer at EVBox, you contribute to our solutions while being a member of one of the teams working on a particular product domain.
If you feel that your interest, knowledge, and experience are aligned with one of the domains below, please let us know.
The device management domain is responsible for the IoT element of our solution. It focuses on the management and monitoring of charging stations, including communication with devices, exposing operational capabilities, and actionable data insights. It empowers our customers to make the right decision and have a seamless experience managing devices at scale.
This domain is focused on EV charging infrastructure monetization by enabling the processing of financial transactions and payments, providing invoicing solutions, subscription management, and others. The monetization domain enables our end users to leverage various reliable revenue generation streams to build a profitable EV charging business.
Platform Foundation is in charge of the most crucial and core elements of our solutions. They manage cloud infrastructure, data platform, core services, and many aspects of the developer's experience. Next to being responsible for authentication and authorization, global search and notifications services, Platform Foundation teams support other teams in building scalable and secure solutions.
At EVBox, we empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing top-notch EV Charging management solutions.
Quality engineers at EVBox define test strategies and test cases, cover functionality with e2e tests, and enable team members to write e2e tests. Having a broad knowledge of various test types, they lead performance testing, security testing, and others. Quality engineers play a key role as quality guardians helping their team define the development process that assures the highest quality of created products.
We are looking for a skilled quality engineer to join us on the journey to accelerate the transition towards a sustainable future via fantastic software products and solutions.
What you will do
- Create acceptance criteria and define test cases
- Contribute to the creation and setup of all kinds of automated tests including, low level tests, component, contract, integration and 2e2 tests
- Conduct exploratory testing
- Work with the team to ensure the quality of features and technical deliverables
- Be the quality guardian for your team
- Collaborate with other teams to improve our product
- Contribute to our chapters and guilds
What you will need
- 3+ years' of strong experience in automated testing of commercial software using JS or Java, preferably both
- Programmer skills on the automation engineer level
- Hands-on experience with modern test automation frameworks and technologies
- Experience with various types of automated tests
- 3+ years experience in manual (exploratory) testing, experience in applying various test design techniques
- Strong expertise in designing test scenarios and experience with various types of technical testing
- Experience in an agile and cross-functional teams
- Curiosity and strong collaboration skills
- Passion for quality
Bonus points if you have some of the following:
- Experience with both Java Script and Java
- Experience in performance, load, security and user testing
- Hands-on experience working with GCP
- Understanding of Docker
- Knowledge of Site Reliability Engineering concepts
- Understanding of Micorservices and Federated apps architecture
Our tech stack add a QA stack
- Backend: Java 11, Spring Boot, PostgreSQL, NoSQL, REST-assured, Pact, microservices/SOA architecture
- Frontend: Vanilla JS, TypeScript, Angular.js, Vue.js, Pact, Protractor, TestCafe, module federation/federated app architecture
- Gradle, webpack, Storybook, JIRA, Confluence, GitLab
- GCP, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, Linux
What do we offer
- Competitive salary
- The yearly budget for professional growth and access to educational platforms
- Holiday Swap (2 days) and Volunteer Day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Work from home + budget to set up your home office
- Help with relocation if joining from outside of the Netherlands
- Opportunity to work for a truly global and multicultural team
- Great people, amazing products, and plenty of room to grow professionally
About EVBox and Everon
We believe in a future where daily transportation is emission-free and sustained by smart charging infrastructure. That's why we've made it our goal to accelerate the adoption of electric mobility by bringing the most accessible and scalable charging solutions to the world. However, the transition from gas to electric cars will change a great deal of what we know about transportation. We're going to need EV charging infrastructure that is accessible, reliable, and future-proof. As part of EVBox, we offer turn-key charging management software that's built from the ground up to be global, highly scalable, end-user-focused, and secure.
Do you see yourself as truly passionate about the EV industry? Do you show affinity with renewable technologies and products? Then we might be looking for you! Our growth and success are driven by the passion and dedication of everyone here in the EVBox family.
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
Ready to power our sustainable future? Hit apply!
EVBox Group will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox Group processes your personal data.