Software Engineer, Quality Assurance & Automation (Back-End)
30+ days ago
At Everon, we make expansion into EV charging easy and profitable, now and in the future. With a focus on the larger movers and forces in the industry, Everon is the world's premier cloud-native and multi-tenant Platform-as-a-Service. Built from the ground up to be global, future proof, API-first and highly scalable and secure.
As Software Engineer, Quality Assurance & Automation, you will as part of one of our scrum teams, be responsible for assuring the quality of the cloud services and apps that support our charging stations, by applying best practices in test processes, testing and test automation. Your daily tasks include creating and executing automated test scripts and test plans, documenting defects, root cause analysis with your team and performing final checks before releasing to production. Your automated test solutions will be integrated into our CI/CD pipeline and executed with every new change of system under test.
To be successful in this role we expect you to integrate well within the team, deliver on the quality assurance of the services, whilst contributing to Everon technology moving forward holistically by actively participating in our chapters and guilds.
- Defining test procedures
- Design tests ensuring a high level of test coverage
- Develop and ensure a defined test strategy is being used
- Build the libraries and frameworks for automated testing
- Design and implement automated tests
- Perform code reviews
- Mentoring less experienced team members
- Coordinate knowledge sharing within the department
Experience we're looking for:
- At least 3+ years experience creating automated tests from scratch using Java
- Experience with REST API testing (using i.e. RestAssured, Spring Boot, HTTP Client)
- Experience working with JUnit or TestNG framework
- Knowledgeable about Unit, Integration, E2E & Component testing
- Able to work with, extend and improve existing automated testing codebases
- Basic experience with SQL (CRUD)
- Proficiency in Git
- Team player, problem solver, proactive and accountable
- Experience with Agile is preferred
- Able to adapt to change within a fast-paced environment
- Good English communication skills
These are bonus skills that we look out for but are not mandatory:
- Experience with contract testing (Pact)
- Knowledge of Containerization
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies (i.e. GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Understanding of programming and testing design patterns
- Experience with CI/CD
- Understanding of Microservice architecture
Our offer to you:
In addition to collaborating with a dynamic group of top industry and subject matter experts, we will provide you a competitive salary and the following benefits: option to work from home partially, high-end laptop + related equipment, contribution to private pension fund, discounted health insurance, 25 days holiday (unpaid leave possible) and home-office travel compensation.
Our well-connected modern offices (Amsterdam Oud-Zuid in a super sustainable building; Rotterdam City Centre – with a fantastic view of the Erasmus bridge) always have free fruit and great coffee available. We will actively encourage your growth in the business and will support you (mentoring, training budgets) to realize your goals whilst you make your mark on this evolving industry.
We're building a team of problem solvers and makers. People with a proactive attitude and the drive to change the future of mobility. From developers to designers, managers and specialists; our office welcomes professionals from different backgrounds and values diversity as a strength. We currently have over 140 people working with us from 33 different nationalities. Together we make a global platform, powered by data-driven services.
Are you ready to join our mission? Build a platform, cut emissions, change the future.
EVBox Group will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox Group processes your personal data.