Senior Technical Software Writer
30+ days ago
We're looking for a Senior Software Technical Writer to join our Documentation team in Amsterdam.
Want to help create a sustainable future of transportation that's better for everyone? If yes, then take a look at what your role with us will entail.
We empower forward-thinking businesses to build a sustainable future by providing flexible and scalable electric vehicle charging solutions.
You'll be contributing to the way our innovative charging solutions are designed, built, and maintained. At every stage, our solutions need to be in peak condition to make electric mobility easy and affordable for businesses and drivers around the world.
Get to know the team
You will be part of the Technology organization within EVBox. Working closely with the software engineering teams.
"EVBox gives us the freedom to work the way we want, and this is reflected in our high level of productivity—especially now that we're working from home. The company culture is the reason why so many people join. When I first started, there were around 45 EVBoxers at the company. Today, there are more than 600 of us." – Borja, Regional Director Southern Europe
For more information, check out our YouTube video "#10YearsofEVBox | What will your story be?"
What you'll be doing
As a Senior Software Technical Writer, your focus will be on the creation and maintenance of software guides for the Everon software platform and API documentation. You will be part of the Software team that is currently shaping the way documentation will be captured and written for our customers and its users. We expect you will contribute to shape this with the team, whilst working closely with various (tech) teams to efficiently translate our products into clear messaging for various user personas. Next to our software documentation, you will be generating easy-to-digest API documentation, thereby helping to make the move into EV-charging easier for those entering this fast-evolving, emission-free industry.
- Collaborate with Product Owners, Designers and development teams to gather all information to write and edit technical and non-technical documentation on the latest developments and concepts
- Coordinate and overlook Everon documentation including Software guides (docs.everon.io) and API documentation (developers.everon.io) providing up to date user guides for all audiences, including consumers, businesses and developers
- Support the design team in writing and / or reviewing copy for the various Everon user interfaces
- Create and distribute release notes after every sprint
- Advise on various systems to optimize our customer experience, including terminology, and tools
- Follow and contribute to team process for reviewing, removing, or adding new documentation
Experience we are looking for:
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience in software technical writing
- Experience with documenting APIs
- Native to near native English communication skills (additional languages are a plus)
- Experience and/or familiarity with the following systems: Confluence Server, Jira, Apigee
- Experience with HTML/CSS is a plus (not mandatory)
- Characteristics: self-starter, independent, proactive, interpersonal
- Great attention to detail (to quickly analyze and comprehend new or unfamiliar technical systems, software products, processes, and terminology)
- Able to function effectively working with a distributed team, comfortable in building relationships
- Open to feedback to continuously learn and develop further both personally and professionally
Our offer to you:
- Competitive salary
- Brand new office in Amsterdam West
- Up to 3 days per week working from home (even post Covid-19 :)
- Budget to setup your home office
- Private pension contribution
- Discounted medical insurance
- Commuting allowance
- 25 vacation days and 2 days of holiday swap
- Volunteer day
- Work from anywhere for 2 weeks
- Access to learning platforms and personal development budget
Still need convincing? Find out even more about us by visiting blog.evbox.com and by checking us out on LinkedIn, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
EVBox does not accept resumes of candidates from agencies or other intermediaries. Any such profiles will be disregarded. In case EVBox concluded an employment agreement with any of those candidates, this shall not create any right for, and no fees are owed to the agency who submitted such a resume
What it's like to work at Amsterdam
- We work together to power our sustainable future. Here's what drives us:
- Our friendly, entrepreneurial, and collaborative work environment
- Working to help grow one of the key regions in Europe with your work
- Bringing new ideas that are always highly appreciated
- Interacting in an environment with colleagues from all over the world
- Working in a brand new office in Amsterdam West that meets all your needs (when not working from home)
- Due to legal requirements you must have a valid work permit.
Your interviewing stages might look something like:
- Your resume will be reviewed by our team.
- If your application is selected, you will first have an interview with a member of our recruitment team.
- Get ready to meet the hiring manager, peers, and senior management within the Software and Technology team
- Final state will be a background and reference check
EVBox is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We guide ourselves using three values: being passionate, being reliable, and being human. EVBox celebrates diversity and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where all employment decisions are based on qualifications, merit, and business need.
EVBox Group will retain your personal data collected through the application process for 1 year after the position is filled in case of rejection. You can request your data to be deleted at any time. Please read here how EVBox Group processes your personal data.