This job vacancy is no longer available. To browse available jobs click here.

Lead Back-End Developer

Organization icon

Everon

Location icon

Amsterdam, Netherlands

Clock icon

30+ days ago

At Everon, we make expansion into EV charging easy and profitable, now and in the future. With a focus on the larger movers and forces in the industry, Everon is the world's premier cloud-native and multi-tenant Platform-as-a-Service. Built from the ground up to be global, future proof, API-first and highly scalable and secure.

As Lead Back-End Developer , your main responsibilities are ensuring the continuous development and innovation of our software solutions, whilst leading a team of highly talented individuals who are building and improving the cloud services and apps that support our charging stations. Your software will handle load balancing and interoperability with roaming partners. In the upcoming months, we will start to improve our platform so that it charges the car when energy is cheapest and feeds it back into the house when it's expensive, all while keeping the car sufficiently charged for everyday use.

We expect that approximately 65% of your time will be spent on hands-on development with the team, and the other 35% will consist of leading and coaching the team.

Responsibilities include:
Architecture & development

Develop prototypes quickly to drive platform innovation

Recommend technical strategy and direction in area(s) of expertise

Build the libraries and frameworks that support large, complex applications

Conduct complex analysis and provide recommendations on the utilization of emerging and existing technologies

Take initiative and share innovative design patterns and frameworks, balancing implications of these choices on application usability, performance and maintainability

Leadership & mentoring

Coach, guide, inspire and motivate team members

Lead by example, care for your team and always be for them

Conduct performance reviews, assist in creation of career development plans

Support the growth of the team including being part of the hiring process

Coordinate the transferring and retention of knowledge in the department

Mentor less experienced team members and guide them with your strong communication skills

DevOps & testing

Analyze and improve efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources

In collaboration with QA define and perform required tests and build infrastructure

Experience we're looking for:
You have 3 years of experience in leading a team of 5+ engineers

You are excited to be both technically hands-on as well as a leader to the team

You have strong experience with Core Java

You feel comfortable with our current tech stack: NoSQL, Spring, Guice, Hibernate, Docker, microservices, cloud technologies

You like most of our methods: Agile, build management, continuous integration, continuous delivery, data structures/algorithms

We would be more than happy if you also have these bonus skills:

Experience in engineering low latency software systems of medium to large scope and complexity

Knowledge of distributed systems and memory and performance optimisation

Our offer to you:
In addition to collaborating with a dynamic group of top industry and subject matter experts, we will provide you a competitive salary and the following benefits: option to work from home partially, high-end laptop + related equipment, contribution to private pension fund, discounted health insurance, 25 days holiday (unpaid leave possible) and home-office travel compensation.

Our modern office in Amsterdam Oud-Zuid (a super sustainable building!) always has free fruit and great coffee available. We will actively encourage your growth in the business and will support you to realize your goals whilst you make your mark on this evolving industry.

About us:
We're building a team of problem solvers and makers. People with a proactive attitude and the drive to change the future of mobility. From developers to designers, managers and specialists; our office welcomes professionals from different backgrounds and values diversity as a strength. We currently have over 140 people working with us from 33 different nationalities. Together we make a global platform, powered by data-driven services.

Are you ready to join our mission? Build a platform, cut emissions, change the future.