30+ days ago
As Front-End Engineer you will be part of our multinational Everon technology department, consisting of 16 scrum teams (composed of Front-End teams and teams with Front-End and Back-End Engineers).
Together with our UI/UX designers we continually release features that add to and improve the functionality of the Everon platform. We use a design system of reusable components to ensure a seamless user experience across different UIs. Platform functionality is our biggest priority right now. Next to working on new features you will also be maintaining the older parts of our code base. We are currently in the process of migrating our largest UI from AngularJS to Vue.js.
In our UI architecture and Front-End chapters we encourage you to discuss the latest best practices, standards and technologies and how those relate to our platform.
Our stack in a nutshell:
A responsive and accessible Single Page App built on a mix of AngularJS and Vue.js. We use Tailwind CSS for functional CSS.
As our company continues to accelerate within this new and fast-paced industry, you will work with and learn from like minded experts and have many ways to develop your career. There are many interesting problems to be solved and standards to be defined which haven't been touched yet in this industry, giving you an opportunity here to make a real impact on how businesses and millions of users will be using EV charging solutions in the near future. By building a functional UI, you support the acceleration of EV adoption which in turn will significantly reduce the carbon emissions we release in this planet, ensuring a healthier planet for our future generations to live in.
- Develop front end functionality based on user stories, UI/UX comps and high-level ideas
- Write client-side, well designed, testable & efficient code by using best software development practices
- Solve cross-browser compatibility issues
- Deliver clean, robust & thoroughly tested code
- Create and maintain software documentation
- Participate in development and evolution of architecture
- Work closely Product Owner to ensure correct technical design
- Understand Agile methodology and instil best practices into the process
- Cooperate with designers to match visual design intent
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability
- Analyze and enhance efficiency, stability and scalability of system resources
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
Experience we're looking for:
- At least 3+ years of professional experience in pure front-end development (you are comfortable coding without relying on frameworks)
- Experience with SVG
- Experience working with single-page web applications (knowledge of REST technologies)
- Experience writing unit tests (i.e. Jasmin, Mocha)
- Experience working in Agile
- Great English communication skills & enjoys working collaboratively
- Passionate about front-end development (responsive design & user experience)
- Problem solving mindset, hungry to learn & keep improving yourself
Our offer to you:
In addition to collaborating with a dynamic group of top industry and subject matter experts, we will provide you a competitive salary and the following benefits: option to work from home partially, high-end laptop + related equipment, contribution to private pension fund, discounted health insurance, 25 days holiday (unpaid leave possible) and home-office travel compensation.
Our well-connected modern office in Amsterdam Oud-Zuid (in a super sustainable building) always has free fruit and great coffee available. We will actively encourage your growth in the business and will support you (mentoring, training budgets) to realize your goals whilst you make your mark on this evolving industry.
We're building a team of problem solvers and makers. People with a proactive attitude and the drive to change the future of mobility. From developers to designers, managers and specialists; our office welcomes professionals from different backgrounds and values diversity as a strength. We currently have over 140 people working with us from 33 different nationalities. Together we make a global platform, powered by data-driven services.
Are you ready to join our mission? Build a platform, cut emissions, change the future.